Download Facebook Messenger – Download Messenger Lite – Facebook Messenger is a standalone app that allows you to chat with and send messages without having to go through the Facebook app to all of your Facebook contacts. You can build a Messenger account without getting a Facebook account in some countries.
It is accessible on iPhone, Windows phones, and Android phones. Via the official Messenger website on your machine, you can also use Messenger. Messenger allows you to make free voice and video calls, send and receive money, and chat with chatbots in addition to chatting with friends.
Method One – How to Download Facebook Messenger on iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch
- On your iOS device, open up the App Store.
- Tap the “Search” tab at the bottom of the screen. This will open the app search field.
- Search for “Facebook Messenger.”
- Next to the ‘Facebook Messenger’ app, press ‘GET.’
- Tap “INSTALL” to begin installing the app.
- Launch Facebook Messenger after downloading it.
- Sign into Facebook Messenger
- As long as you’re in the United States, Canada, Peru, or Venezuela, you no longer need a Facebook account to use Facebook Messenger. This does not build a Facebook account and will only allow you to talk with people who are using Facebook Messenger in your contacts list.
- Specify your phone number. In order to make it easier for friends to find you, Facebook Messenger can request your phone number. If you already have a Facebook account associated with your number, it will be listed here. It’s optional.
- Decide if you’d like to import contacts. Facebook Messenger can search the contacts on your phone and identify other users using the Messenger app.
- You can now start using Facebook messenger
Method Two: Download Facebook Messenger on Android Devices
- Open up Google Play Store app.
- Look for “Facebook Messenger.”
- From the results, pick ‘Facebook Messenger’.
- Tap Install. And, if you still want to install, go through the appropriate permissions and then tap Approve.
- Wait for the download of Facebook Messenger to be complete.
- Launch an app for Facebook Messenger. You will find it in your App Drawer or on one of your home screens. On the Messenger store tab, you can also press the “Open” button.
- Using your Facebook account to log in. If you have the Facebook app installed already on your Android device, you will be asked to proceed with Messenger with the same account. By tapping “Switch Accounts.” you can log in to another account.
- Without a Facebook account, sign in (select regions only). In order to use Messenger, you no longer need to have a Facebook account as long as you are in the United States, Canada, Peru, or Venezuela. Remember that you’re limited to chatting with people who use Messenger on your phone’s contact list and won’t have access to friends on Facebook.
- Decide if you want to import contacts from your phone (optional). Facebook Messenger can request access to contacts on your computer so that it can let you know if Messenger is being used by people you add. By clicking ‘Not Now,’ you can skip this.
- Uploading your phone’s contacts will allow Messenger to keep constant tabs on your contacts list and automatically add contacts who also have a Messenger account. Messenger can verify whether that number is publicly associated with a Messenger account whenever you add a new number to the contacts on your phone. If it is, the account will be added to your Messenger friends list.
- Start using Messenger on Facebook. You will be shown all of your Facebook conversations when you are logged in. You can talk with any of your Facebook friends using the app.