Pinterest Ads Cost – There’s this satisfaction that comes with having to scroll through Pinterest looking at perfectly tailored images, that give answers to every question in your mind.
Have you ever thought of the feeling you’d get if your brand was part of that mix? However Pinterest is certainly not the first platform that would possibly come to mind when you hear “social media advertising,” yet it has been a solid option for brands looking out to reach certain demographics.
Interestingly, one of the biggest advantages that come with advertising on Pinterest relates to its competitive pricing which allows you to get more for your bucks. Read on to learn more about advertising on Pinterest in 2022.
The Pinterest and it’s Users
Pinterest is a unique and beautiful app that actively combines features of a social media platform alongside that of search engines. Pinterest has over time described itself as a “visual discovery engine” that helps users find creative, practical, and inspirational ideas ranging from things like home decor, recipes, fashion, and so much more.
Pinterest also allows you to search for “pins” get them saved to “boards” with different categories. Browsing through different pins with eye-catching visuals would definitely get you clicking on the pin for more information or even a link to an external website. It’s important to note that saving pins to boards allows you to easily have access to them later.
Furthermore, Pinterest is not as popular as other platforms, yet it has a large user base with over 416 million monthly active users, with more than half of this number in the United States alone. Currently, the platform is working hard on expanding its services beyond the borders of the United States, now it has got more than 80% of recent sign-ups coming from other countries, an achievement that had kicked off from 2018.
If you’re trying to reach women as your target customers then Pinterest has 71% of its users to be females. More specifically, mothers use the platform more. Again, 80% of American mothers who use the internet currently also use Pinterest.
Diving deeper into this platform’s demography, it is very noticeable that 70% of Pinterest users have a college degree and majority of these users earn more than $75,000 a year. When it comes to age breakdowns, 34% of users here are between the ages of 18 and 29 while another 35% are between the ages of 35 and 49.
Why Advertise on Pinterest
It’s possible that the above demographics given aren’t enough to convince you into using the Pinterest platform as an outlet for advertising your services, brands, products, and career. No worries! Pinterest also offers amazing benefits in addition to reaching your targeted demographic.
- Pinterest gets your brand and contents out there in a great position where the whole world gets to see them.
- 48% of Pinterest users are on the platform to shop, so you’re reassured of great sales using the platform.
- Consequently, 50% of Pinterest users have made purchases after seeing a promoted pin that aligned with their interests.
- Pinterest is largely seen as a platform where one can quickly discover new brands and try out new products. If you’re just kick-starting your business you have high chances on this platform.
- If your business is a seasonal one (seasons like; Valentine, Christmas etc.) then Pinterest is the best solution for you, because it has a record of high sales at these periods.
Different Ways to Advertise on Pinterest |
Types of Pinterest Ads
This platform offers several different formats for advertisers to utilize, and here we have put them down for you to choose the right one for your business:
- Image: This ad approach involves showcasing your products and contents in a vertical or square image format.
- Video: This ad format includes eye-catchy graphics that better engages viewers and provide them with more information about your brand or products.
- Shopping: This ad format showcases specific products by quickly converting them into pins and allowing users to shop that exact product on your website.
- Carousel: This ad format combines multiple different images that allows viewers to swipe through and as well learn more about your brand.
- Collections: This ad format combines both video content and product images to show a real-life application of your products.
Pinterest Ads Cost
Now you know all about the benefits and types of advertising formats on Pinterest, it’s obvious your wondering how much these Pinterest ads cost. The cost of advertising using this platform is dependent on your campaign goals. There are three different goals you can choose from: building brand awareness, increasing web traffic, and boosting engagement.
It will cost you between $2.00 to $5.00 per thousand impressions (CPM) if you’re trying to build brand awareness. While boosting online engagement will cost you anywhere from $0.10 to $1.50 per engagement. And lastly, driving web traffic will cost you between $0.10 and $1.50 per engagement.
Pinterest advertising, just like other social media platforms, utilizes a bidding model for ad placement. This simply means you will have to bid against other competitors for a specific keyword or placement. As a result of this, your advertising costs will vary but that’s dependent on how much competition you’re dealing with according to Finance Futurists.
For example, let’s say you’re an interior and exterior decorating company that’s looking to build brand awareness, this would likely be a very popular search on Pinterest and may result to you spending around $5 CPM rather than the minimum of $2. On the other hand, if you are more of a niche brand trying to advertise on less popular searches, you could end up paying around $2 CPM.