My Vaccine Pass App Nz – The my Vaccine Pass was made for use in Aotearoa New Zealand which is an official record for COVID-19 vaccination status.
With NZ pass verifier, which is the New Zealand Ministry of Health official app for scanning and verifying my vaccine pass (The official record of your COVID-19 vaccination status).
This app is regarded as a tool that every business can use to help them stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep their community safe.
At certain traffic light settings, it is encouraged that businesses and organizations should use the app check to customers My vaccine pass
The requirements will depend on the sector and the choices in which the business or organization has made about how they will operate under the traffic light system.
My Vaccine Pass App Nz – Your Privacy
When the NZ Pass verifier app is being used by businesses or organizations to scan vaccine passes. It will show a green tick which confirms it is a valid pass. This also shows the user’s name and date of birth. The verifier can request to see user’s ID to check if it matches the details on the app.
According to covid19.govt.nz the official COVID-19 management website, it is an offense for a business to sell the details from the My vaccine pass or use the details for purposes outside the COVID-19 as this can lead to serious consequences.
Any personal information collected for example that users have been verified remains subject to the protections in the Privacy Act 2020
Features of the NZ Pass Verifier – My Vaccine Pass App Nz
- Ability to scan a customer My vaccine pass in digital or paper format
- Verify COVID-19 vaccination status – the pass owner’s first name, last name, and date of birth will be displayed in the verifier.
- Audio feature to hear different sounds depending on whether the My vaccine Pass is valid or invalid
- Verify passes without internet connection, all the app need is to stay connected to the internet for at least 14 days to stay up to date
- Ability to use the front camera for scanning – the front camera should be at least 7 megapixels to enable it to work best.
- Protects privacy: no information about the owner of the vaccine pass is stored on the device or leaves the device.
- Valid scan results disappear after 5 seconds. You can also press and hold on the screen if you need more time for verification
- Visitors My Vaccine Pass expiry date displays when scanned
How to Download NZ Pass Verifier on your mobile device
Below are the outlined steps to download the COVID-19 pass verifier which come officially from the COVID management website.
- Visit the official website app line here
- Read through the app minimum requirements that is:
- IOS: Requires iOS 11 or later
- Android: Requires Android version 6.0 or later
- Go through other information such as about the app, all camera permissions and more.
- Then from the heading labeled ‘Download NZ Pass verifier’, select your operating system either iOS or Android.
- This will redirect you to the official app store in the app detailed page
- Tap on install and wait for the installation to finish.
How to Use My Vaccine Pass App
- Allow camera permissions: The NZ Pass verifier app requires camera permissions to enable it to scan My vaccine pass QR codes. The app will request user permission when you start using it.
- Scan COVID-19 my Vaccines Passes: To scan a pass, press the large ‘scan’ button which will bring up the scanning screen.
- Point your phone to the QR code on the pass so that it fits within the target area on your device screen.
- A valid scanned pass will show the person’s name and date of birth along with a green tick with the ‘valid’
- If the NZ vaccine app is invalid, the App will tell you why this might be, this include:
- The pass has expired
- Or the QR code cannot be verified
- To scan another pass, tap on the ‘Scan again’ button or swipe the results screen downward to dismiss it.
Scanning a pass doesn’t tell you whether a person is fully vaccinated or not – just if they meet the vaccination requirements. A person can either be fully vaccinated or medically exempt (a very small number of New Zealanders will be exempt). This maintains the privacy of those who medically cannot be vaccinated.
Scanning someone’s pass proves that it is authentic, valid, and has not expired.