Where and How to download Skype-Microsoft, after much hard work, has made some amazing improvements to its video call service – Skype.
Microsoft added the cool feature where users do not have to sign up or create an account or even download software to join cross-platform video conferences. There’s also a simpler intuitive interface that help get users to start a video call in just one click.
The feature of not having to sign up, download software and not have time limits were some of the features that made Zoom Meeting one of the most popular choices during the huge increase in video call and video conferencing since the Covid-19 pandemic has changed how people go about their work and communication.
However, Zoom (I believe they are working on it) has seen a rise in security and privacy issues recently, so some have turned to other alternatives.
You can sign up for a free Skype meeting from any device. Isn’t that amazing? I mean you literarily host a video meeting with no downloads, no sign ups and no fear of time limits.
It’s easy, simply visit the skype official website on any device, create a meeting, get the meeting link and share with participants and join the video call, you can even share the meeting link with over 50 people.
However, for one reason or the other, you may want to download the skype software or app to your personal computer or phone as the case may be.
How to download Skype
To get Skype, the following
- Go to their official website
- If you are using a laptop, Click on “Downloads” on the left-hand side of your computer
- If you are using mobile phone or a tablet, click on “Skype” or the hamburger icon
- You get to see a dropdown, click on “downloads”
- You’ll be taken to the downloads page
- Depending your Operating System, you are using, you will one of the following items below displayed by default:
- Get Skype for Mac
- Get Skype for Windows
- Get Skype for Linux DEB
- Get Skype for Linux RPM
- Get Skype for Linux SNAP
7.Choose one of the options above
8. After downloading
9.Install the Skype software
10. Create a free account
11. Sign in to Skype
If you are using Windows 10 operating system, you don’t have to install Skype, as it is already installed on the latest version of Windows 10.
If you are using a mobile device such as a phone or a tablet, do the following:
- Go to the playstore on your Android phone
- On your iPhone or iPad go to the app store
- Search for Skype
- Click on download or install
- After installation, you can now open up skype and enjoy.
- Create a free account if you have not done so.
- Sign in to your account and start calling your friends and family
The rest such as how to make calls, text, instant message, find friends and family, voice calls, screen sharing, etc. are intuitive just looking at the interface.
other Download that may interest you