PayPal US Login – Paypal US Login provides the access you need to transact on the Paypal platform. Once your email address and password are correct and handy, you can easily access the Paypal portal with ease and send or receive money. In this article,
I will be taking you through how you can log into your account as well as how you can fix your password issues if you encounter any and possible methods of how you can fix them.
How to Carry Out Paypal US Login
To log into your Paypal account, here are a few easy steps that you have to take:
- Visit paypal.com/us/sign in
- Scroll to the Email or mobile number field.
- Enter your Email or mobile number
- Click on the “Next” link.
- Enter your account password and hit the “Login” button.
If you can’t log into your account, there might be a lot of issues that would cause that, and I will be taking you through how to solve these issues one after the other.
How to Change Your PayPal Password and Security Questions
Currently, you can’t change your password and security questions through the PayPal app. You can only change them by visiting the paypal.com page. Once you are on the page, do the following:
- Sign in to your PayPal account and visit Settings
- Tap on the Security button above your name
- Tap on Update, close to ‘Password’.
- Confirm your current password, and key in your new password twice, and tap on Change Password.
That is how to change your PayPal account security password.
How to Change Your Security Questions
Below is how to change your account security questions.
- Visit Settings
- Tap on the Security tab above your name
- Tap on Update beneath “Security questions”.
- From the ‘Security question 1’ and ‘Security question 2’ dropdown menus, and choose a question and type its answer.
- Tap on Save.
You may have to boycott the steps above and update your password and security questions by heading straight to the security page. It is advised that you change your password and security questions from time to time.
Enabling A 2-Step Verification for Paypal
You are allowed to add an extra layer of security to your Paypal account by enabling 2-step verification for login. Once you activate this feature, you will be sent a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Just key in this code to access your account.
In order to set up your 2-step verification, you have two options. You can either use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask Paypal to send text messages to your mobile phone.
- How to set it up:
- Visit your Settings
- Tap on Security
- Tap on Set Up next to ‘2-step verification’.
- Select to receive a text or use an authenticator app, thereafter tap on Next
- Go through with the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app
- Set up a back-up method if you cannot access your primary cell or authenticator app
- Tap on Done in order to activate 2-step verification.
You can also deactivate 2-step verification at any time:
- Visit your Settings
- Tap on Security
- Tap on Update-close to ‘2-step verification’
- Tap on Turn Off close to 2-step verification, thereafter Turn It Off tab.
To get additional protection, you can also add 2-step verification to other devices.
I Forgot the Email Address for My Paypal Account:
Below is what you should do if you forget the email address for your PayPal account.
- Open the PayPal website login page
- Tap on ‘Having trouble logging in?
- Key in up to three email address you may have registered, and click on Next
- If the email you entered is recognized, Paypal will let you know which one.
- Then tap on ‘Continue’ to sign in if you remember your password.
Above is what to do if you forget your email address for your account email address.
How To Log In To Your Paypal App Using A PIN
If you choose to log in using a PIN instead of using a user name and password. Once you add your PIN and mobile number for the first time, you’ll get an SMS to confirm your mobile number. You can also use your PIN to log in and use Paypal at large retailers.
Make sure your PIN is 4-8 digits long and something which no one can guess.
To add, change, or enable your PIN, scroll to Settings (the cog) and click on Login and Security.
You can change your security questions in your Settings on Paypal’s website.
What is My Paypal Login or Account ID?
Your email address is your Paypal login and ID name.
Why You May Be Unable to View Your Password
In order to help keep your account secure, you will not be able to view your password. In case you don’t know your password, you can easily create one.
Reset Your PayPal Password by Text
- Head to paypal.com
- Tap Log In at the top of the page
- Tap on Having Trouble Logging In (Don’t close out of this window or you will be required to restart the password reset process.)
- Enter the Email address you use for Paypal and tap on Next
- Choose ‘Receive a text’ to have PayPal confirm that this is your account, and tap on Next.
- Key in the 6-digit security code sent to your mobile and tap on Next.
- Then, create a new password (type it twice) and tap on Update.
If after all the above-mentioned issues and solutions you still have trouble logging in, you may have to clear your cache and cookies from your Internet browser.
If you require help in doing this, simply scroll to your browser’s support page, or do a web search with ‘How do I clear cache and cookies in (Your Internet browser name and version).