PayPal Credit – Today we will be discussing on PayPal Credit. As most people are trying to find out, PayPal is an American company operating in a worldwide online payment system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders.
Now have you see this definition elsewhere before. I bet you have. This definition of PayPal was brought from Wikipedia. Now, further information from Wikipedia states that the company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and other commercial users. You should know, this service charges a fee in exchange for benefits or services rendered such as one-click transactions and so on.
PayPal credit according to PayPal is a reusable credit line you can use to shop online anywhere PayPal is accepted as a payment method. Upon your application for this credit, you also get six months of special financing on purchases higher than ninety-nine dollars. Note, you can get a credit decision in seconds with a quick application. The bottom line is that you can buy items right now with PayPal credit and pay over time.
Fees and Terms Associated with PayPal Credit
Below are listed some of the fees and terms associated with making use of the PayPal credit feature.
- Purchases Higher than Ninety-Nine Dollars
- A certain amount of interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within six months.
- There is a minimum monthly payment required and may or may not pay off the promotional purchase by the end of the six months period.
- There will be no interest charged on the purchase if you are able to pay it in full within six months.
- For new accounts, the variable purchase APR is 23.99%. Note, this APR is accurate as of 9/1/2020. This ARP will vary with the market based on the prime rate (as it is defined in your credit card agreement). The minimum interest charge is two dollars.
- All individual items that are less than ninety-nine dollars qualify for special financing when combined for a total of ninety-nine dollars or more in a single transaction.
- Lastly, multiple separate transactions of less than ninety-nine dollars per transaction cannot be combined to meet the minimum purchase amount.
Purchases of $98.99 or less
For these kinds of purchases, if you pay your balance in full each month by the payment due date that is on your statement, you can avoid paying interest.
Also, if you make minimum monthly payments or additional amount of your choosing until you’ve paid off your balance according to your standard account terms, note that interest charges may apply.
Lastly, PayPal will send you email reminders when your payments are due. Note that you can also keep track of your account and view your statements online at any time.
Above are listed some of the terms and fees associated with making use of the credit feature.
How to Apply for PayPal Credit
Applying for PayPal credit is quite simple and fast, also, it is reliable. The steps below will guide you in doing so.
- Get your internet-connected device.
- Make sure that the device has been connected to the internet.
- Now head over to the PayPal credit page at https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-credit.
- On the page, scroll down and click on the “Apply for PayPal Credit” button.
- Go through the offer details and the terms and conditions using the navigation links if you need to and tap on the “Apply Now” button.
- If you already have a PayPal account, simply enter the login details. If you do not have an account yet, then quickly sign up for one.
- Follow the on-screen instructions given to you afterward and you should be through with the application in a few minutes.
Above is a simple guide to help you successfully apply for a PayPal credit.