Paypal account sign up helps everyone who pays online to pay securely, faster and without stress. As you sign up on this unique platform, you join the over 325 million active users who choose to pay online or on mobile with PayPal.
With a PayPal account, you can pay securely at millions of stores and send money quickly to anyone’s PayPal email address or mobile number. Additionally, you can still collect your eligible card reward points.
Table of Contents
Paypal Account Sign Up Benefits
Signing up on PayPal be it for a personal or business account you stand to gain the following:
Benefits for a Personal Account
- Signing up for a Paypal account is actually free, all free!!!
- Shop without transaction fees, no matter how you choose to pay.
- Shop securely as PayPal stores all your financial information behind a single secure login.
- Shop globally and pay on sites of all sizes worldwide and in 25 currencies.
- Purchase from millions of websites around the world.
- With just your username and password you can pay.
- Purchase online without sharing your financial information.
- Your eligible purchases are protected with Paypal’s Buyer Protection.
Benefits for a Business Account
- Accept multiple types of payments with a single PayPal account and you can get started in minutes.
- You can securely accept credit and Visa Debit card payments without a monthly fee.
- Your buyers do not need to have a PayPal account to buy with you.
- Get paid faster with Online Invoicing and PayPal Checkout.
- Sell securely with PayPal Seller Protection.
- Sell around the world and accept all major credit cards.
- Receive payments via your website, apps, or email.
- No setup or monthly fees.
Paypal Account Sign Up Requirements
The requirements for signing up on PayPal include the following: Your first name and last name, address, phone number, and email address.
You are required to create a password for your new account, and choose 2 security questions for your protection.
To send money to family and friends, you only need to add a payment method, such as a debit or credit card, or a bank account.
PayPal Account Personal Opening
How to open a personal account
Paypal operates two categories of accounts. There are personal accounts and business accounts.
To sign up for a personal account:
- Visit paypal.com/welcome/signup/#/email_password
- Fill out your email address
- Enter your First name and Middle name and Last name.
- Create your password.
- Confirm your password.
- Then, click on the “Next” link
- Key in your Nationality on the new page.
- Key in your address line 1 and Address line 2.
- Enter your Postal code – City / Town / Village / State / Province / Region.
- Fill out your Date of birth
- Enter your phone type – Phone number.
- Click on the “Stay logged in for faster checkout” box if you want to stay logged in. If not you can skip.
- Review, and consent to PayPal’s User Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Then tap on the “I Agree” option to create your account.
Requirements for Opening PayPal Business Account
To open a PayPal business account, you will need the following:
- A valid email address
- Customer service information
- Business address as well as phone number.
- Bank name
- Business or personal bank account number.
- Bank routing number.
Paypal Sign Up – Business Account
You are required to choose the type of business account that fits your needs first as different levels of account, come with different features and charges.
Create Account Paypal Account
- Tap on ‘Sign Up’ option, then choose the option to create a business account.
- Choose the business account package that suits your needs.
- Enter the email address you want paypal business account to be linked to.
- You will be prompted by Paypal to choose a login and password, and to key in the basic details of your business including the registered address.
- Fill out some information about the type of business you operate, and the actual or anticipated turnover.
- Enter your Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as the Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or the Federal Tax Identification Number.
- You will get a prompt asking you to key in your social security number and date of birth, to enable paypal confirm your identity.
After you have filled out all your details, your account can be approved, and ready to kick start.
Now that you have successfully signed up on Paypal, you can start enjoying all the benefits that come with opening a Paypal account.