There are basic things you should consider when applying for the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form 2020-2021. Getting these basic details at the right time is very important because you will need them to successfully apply for the job.
Before we get down to how you can apply Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form 2020-2021 and what the form is all about, let’s take you through a little memory lane of the Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment.
About Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment
The Nigerian Prisons Service as was formerly known until August 2019 when it was renamed The Nigerian Correctional Service, is a government agency that operates the correctional (prison) facilities across the nation.
This service is charged with responsibility of taking charge of those people who are legally detained, identifying their behavior causes, and retaining them. The Nigerian Prisons Service/The Nigerian Correctional Service is fully engineered by the 1972 Decree No.9 as amended in 2004 CAP P29 laws of the Federal Republic of Nigerian and in the 2019 Nigerian Correctional Services Act.
Headquartered in the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, The Nigerian Prisons Service is headed by the Controller-General of Prison Service Ja’afaru Ahmed. Installed by the president, the Controller-General, is directly responsible to the Minister of Interior and the Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration, and Prison Services Board.
The Nigerian Prisons, which came on board in 1968 after the abolishment of the the previous Native Authority Prisons has a vision of establishing a credible service, through efficient penal practices for a long lasting change in the attitudes, behaviors, and values of convicts. This service has about 240 prisons among which are 138 main prisons (for convicts), 85 satellite facilities, 14 farm centers, and 3 Borstal institutions.
General Requirements for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form 2020-2021
- Applicants should be between the age bracket of 18-30
- Should be mentally sound
- Only suitably qualified Nigerians will be employed by CDFIPB into the Nigerian prison service.
- Applicant should be fit and healthy before applying.
- Good character is very essential
- Candidate should not be a violent person or belong to any fraternity.
- Review all the academic qualifications before applying.
- Applicant height should not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60 for females
- Chest measurement for those applying must not be less than 0.87 for men.
Things to Note Before you Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form 2020-2021
- Get all the required documents
- Ensure you scan and upload your credentials on www.prisons.gov.ng
- Shortlisted candidates names will be published shortly after.
How to Apply for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form 2020-2021
- Candidates can only apply for Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment online at recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- All CDFIPB recruitment are conducted online.
- By extension NPS recruitment is online
- Sign into the portal www.prisons.gov.ng
- The official recruitment page is recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- Once you submit your form, ensure you print out the reference form which should be completed by you.
- Multiple applications will not be accepted.
Recruitment Deadline For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment Form 2020-2021
The Nigerian Prisons Service recruitment portal closes after 6 weeks from the initial date of announcement. Thus all interested applicants must make sure that they complete and submit their form online before the closing date.