How To Change Your Snapchat Username – Snapchat providers a field to all users to enter their first name when they first sign up to Snapchat.
In the past, it used to be impossible to change this so-called assign username, but as of the recent release of Snapchat users can now successfully change their Snapchat username.
But before we get into the steps of changing username, let’s get to know how our usernames help us with our Identity in Snapchat and how it differs from other identities.
Table of Contents
Display name Versus Username
Your display name is how users appear on Snapchat. The display is different from the so-called usernames. Users can customize their Display whenever they like as this has been implemented since the earlier version of Snapchat.
How to Find your Snapchat Username
If you are not sure what your username is, Your Snapchat username helps users to be solely identified in the Snapchat platform that is why a username can only be identified to one user.
To see your username, tap on your profile icon at the top of the screen, your username is shown next to your Snapchat score.
How to Change your Username in Snapchat
This has been the dream of millions who have been waiting for years and years for the moment of changing their username on Snapchat, the day has finally come, so follow the steps below to be able to change your Snapchat username and rid yourself off your year eight alter ego once again and for all:
Basically, people in Australia have this username changes effective already, but others are still waiting for this feature to cover. However, if you are desperate or just curious to know how to get rid of your old username here is how you can do it.
- Download a VPN and select the country location to Australia.
- Visit the official app store of your mobile device and update the application
- Once updated, Open your Snapchat mobile application and go to your profile.
- Tap on the cog icon on the top right corner.
- Tap on username, and then the edit field to type in
- Type your desired username and then press ok.
If the above steps did not work on iOS devices, you can also change the country for your Apple ID which can allow you to change your user, here is how to do it:
- Tap on your apple app store profile
- Select your assigned apple ID
- Go to the country and region and select Australia
- Fill in the categories and click on ok
- Now follow the above steps to change your username in snapchat
Another way of obtaining a new Snapchat username is by deleting your Snapchat account and then creating a new one with a different username you desired but I don’t recommend this as it is destructive and will make you lose all your data stored in the account.
Note: If an account is deleted permanently, then the username would no longer be available.