How To Access Your Youtube Desktop From Your Mobile Device – YouTube is an online video sharing and social media platform owned by Google. It was launched in February 2005 by Steve Chen, Chad Hurley, and Jawed Karim. It is the second most visited website, with more than one billion monthly users.
Main Purpose Of Youtube
YouTube was created as a platform for people, to post video contents they desired. It was hoped that users could use the site to upload, share, and view content without restriction. It has grown to become one of the biggest video distribution sites in the world.
YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine next to Google. People upload more than 1000 hours of video per minute on YouTube. It’s one of the best ways to communicate to a wide audience, whether you’re promoting programs or providing information to students, YouTube is your best option to do that.
The mobile version of YouTube has come a long way in recent years and has recorded so many successes. Most features available on the version on your desktop or laptop computer have made their way to mobile devices. From comments and playlists to dark mode and annotation, YouTube’s mobile site in addition to their mobile app has gotten really great.
There are times when you need to use the desktop site to make video streaming, while more than half of all internet traffic, now lives on mobile devices, you’ll occasionally need to switch to the desktop version of YouTube to accomplish a task. Here’s how to load the desktop version of YouTube on your phone or tablet.
How To Connect To Your Youtube Desktop Using Chrome On Android
Ensure you are connected to a strong data network on your device, then follow these steps to open your YouTube desktop
- Open your Chrome and type in ‘YouTube.com‘in the address engine then click Enter. If you don’t type in the URL but instead select the first option that appears from the search engine, your chrome will open the mobile app rendering these instructions useless.
- When the home page opens: click on the three vertical dots in the upper right-hand corner.
- Tap Desktop site in the menu of list that will appears: This will automatically take you to the desktop version of YouTube.
How To Access Your Youtube Desktop From Your Mobile Device Firefox On Andriod
- Open Firefox, type ‘YouTube.com‘ into the address bar and tap Enter( just like that of chrome if you tap on the suggested URL then you won’t be able to see the desktop YouTube)
- Select the switch for Desktop site to on.
- The desktop version of YouTube will open for you.
How To Access Your Youtube Desktop From Your Mobile Device Default Internet Browser on Android
If this is your preferred browser, follow the below-listed steps to open your YouTube desktop
- Open the internet browser and type ‘YouTube.com‘and then tap the Enter button. As with the other browsers if you choose YouTube from the search engine it may open the YouTube application instead.
- Click on the three horizontal bars in the lower right-hand corner.
- Then, tap on Desktop site.
- This will automatically direct you to the desktop version of YouTube.
How To Access Your Youtube Desktop From Your Mobile Device Using Safari on iPhone
- Open Safari and type ‘YouTube.com‘into the address engine. Safari will ask you if you would like to open this in the app. Ignore it, the application doesn’t give you the desktop option.
- Click on the Aa icon in the upper left-hand corner of the address bar.
- Then, select request Desktop Website.
- Safari will automatically open the desktop view.
With the above-listed steps, your YouTube desktop is ready to be used to watch or upload video content.