How to set up Google Hangouts on your Computer – Once you figure out how to set up a Google Hangout, you can easily use it to connect with clients, colleagues, or friends and family over the computer
- You make use of Google Hangouts for voice calls, video calls, or text-based chat, and you can connect with multiple people at the same time.
- When you start a group in Google Hangouts, you can quickly reconnect with the same people later when you click on the group again.
Table of Contents
What is the best way to communicate?
With so many communication options out there, there are quite a number of different ways to keep in touch with people these days, it can be quite difficult to make a decision on which is the best choice at hand.
You could be faced with making a video call to liaise with a colleague who is living in another city, you could be thinking if you should text a friend to confirm plans or just go straight ahead and make a call, perhaps you could get all your friends on one video conference to make sure you’re all still on the same page for the weekend outing details?
A 3-in-1 Solution
So, here is the question, why choose a phone call, video call, or text message when you can do all the three using Google Hangouts online? Google Hangouts online makes it very easy to connect with people via text, talk or video, and the app allows you to create groups that can be connected over and over again.
Your chat history is saved
Google hangout online also stores your past conversation so you can pretty much pick up the chat or conversation any time and you can refer back to past messages easily.
Google Hangouts online save money
Google Hangouts online can even save you money, allowing you to make phone or video calls via Wi-Fi instead of cutting into your phone plan.
Here’s how to set it up and use it on your computer or mobile device.
How to set up and use Google Hangouts online on a computer
- Log into your Google account, then type: “hangouts.google.com” into the browser search bar just at the top of your screen.
- Then click through the intro screen till you land on your Google Hangouts homepage, which will have a list of any ongoing chats on the left and you will be given 3 options at the center of the page, “Phone Call” “Video Call, ” and “Message.”
- Choose the option you want, then type in the phone number to call, or the contact you want to message or video chat into the search bar that pops up right at the top left corner of the screen (if you are trying to connect to someone who’s not on your contact, you’ll have to type in their email address).
- If you want to send a message to several people at once, instead of entering the contact to message, just click on “New group” and then type in a series emails, contact names or phone numbers.
There you go, that is how to use Google hangouts online especially on your personal computer.