12 colleges with free tuition near me in Texas – If you are thinking of how to study around Texas with little or no cost you are welcome as this article will be unveiling some things you need to know about your application into the college of your choice near you. In Texas, a lot of four-year colleges will offer you free tuition programs for students with low-income and middle-income families too. Some other colleges will offer very cheap tuition discounts based on a family’s needs.
In addition, different two-year college districts have released what is known as Last Dollar, it is a scholarship that covers the tuition cost which is not sponsored by federal, state and institutional grants. Dallas assured it is funded through the Dallas Community college District Foundation, is such program.
Below is the list the twelve (12) ‘’Free tuition’’ programs in Texas
1. Dallas College District
Dallas County Promise: it is known as a last Dollar scholarship program that is available to high school graduates from 57 participating promise High Schools in Dallas county.
As a student, you must apply to participate in the Dallas County Promise program which covers college tuition which is not met by other federal, state and institutional grants and scholarships (gift aid) at partner colleges. This program is funded through Dallas College Foundation and includes a success Coach component
The partner colleges include Dallas College, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Texas A&M University-Texarkana, Midwestern State University, and Southern Methodist University. Students are able to enter or move to most of the partner colleges tuition-free based on eligibility (family income of $50,000 or less). For more updates, kindly visit Dallas County Promise.
- It is open for every graduating high schools in Dallas county.
- All prospect is required to apply, all high school seniors must apply to be part in this program around the same time they are applying to college.
- It is also open to students who graduated from High school with a high school diploma or an Associate Degree (collegiate high school graduate) is advised to apply to be able to attend one of the partner colleges.
2. Texas A&M University – College Station
Aggie Assurance: it is advised that this free tuition program will cover tuition costs for future Aggies.
- If your income is below $60,000 you will be given grants and scholarships to meet the tuition costs.
- This program does not cover your room, board and fees.
- The student must be eligible for the federal Pell Grant
3.Texas Tech University
Red Raider Guarantee: this system guarantees tuition and mandatory fees (this is based on 30 credit hours per academic school year) to new entering freshmen and transfer students with an Associate’s degree.
- It is advised that such family must have an adjusted gross income of $40,00 or less.
- The student must be enrolled for full time (12 hours or more each semester – Fall/Spring only)
- The students must be a resident in Texas and also eligible for the federal Pell Grant
4. University of Houston
Cougar Promise: it has a guaranteed free tuition for the new prospective freshmen starting in Fall 2019.
- Any student that is from a family with an adjusted gross income of over $50,00 will be given 100% free tuition.
- The students must complete the FAFSA, outline the University of Houston and also be eligible for the Pell Grant.
5. University of Texas at Dallas
Tuition promise: you should know that this free tuition is only available for the first-time students.
- If you are a student from families earning $25,000 or below you will be given a 100% free tuition.
- The student must also be qualified for the Federal Pell Grant
6. University of Texas at Austin
Texas Advance Commitment: starting in Fall 2020, it has been said that the university will offer free tuition to students with household income of $65,00 or below. It is also said that the university provides partial tuition assistance for families that earn over $125,000.
- The student’s which families has income up to $65,000 will receive 100% free tuition
- The student whose families has income up to $125,000 will receive partial tuition assistance
- The student must be a Texas resident and eligible for Pell Grant
- The student should submit a FAFSA or TASFA.
- The student must have demonstrated the need for finance.
7. Lamar University
Lamar promise: this plan is available for those entering freshmen, they are eligible for free tuition program.
- This is available for student’s which family income is $25,00 or below
- The student must be eligible for a full Pell Grant.
- The student must be dependent (Per FAFSA) and eligible for Texas in-state tuition
- The student must have completed FAFSA or TASFA Available for up to four years.
8. Stephen F. Austin University
Purple promise Guarantee program: this is a free tuition program is a last dollar program that pays any tuition costs not covered by other grants and scholarships.
- The student family gross income should be $30,000 or less based on info provided in FAFSA.
- The student must be Eligible for Federal Pell Grant.
- The Student must be a Texas Resident.
9. Sam Houston State University
Bearkat promise: this will cover any compulsory tuition and fees not covered by other grants and scholarships.
- The student family adjusted gross income of $25,000 0r below
- The student should be qualified to receive Federal Pell Grant
- The student must be Texas resident
10. Angelo State University
Blue & Gold Guarantee: this program is implemented to help families afford college and is considered a last-dollar scholarship.
- The student which family income of $40,000 or below.
- The student must submit the FAFSA and eligible for Pell Grant
- The student must be a resident in Texas.
11. Texas A&M University-Commerce
A&M- Commerce pledge program: this program will cover any tuition balance not covered by other scholarships or grants.
- The student family adjusted gross income of $50,000 or below
- The student family expected contribution (EFC) between 0 and $5,576.
- This is a special reserve for students entering as freshman.
12. Midwestern State University Texas
Mustang’s Guarantee program: this is for new students that have not earned a Bachelor’s degree you can take advantage of this program. This program is a last dollar scholarship and meets tuition costs not covered by other grants and scholarships.
- The student from family with adjusted gross income of $50,000 or below
- The student must be a Texas resident
- The student must earn at least 12 hours at the end of fall and spring semesters.
Why will you pay for a tuition fee when you can actually get it for free, this is what this article is showing us, so if you want more information check out for the financial aid office at the college you intend you attend. More updates will be provided on any free tuition program they offer.