Facebook News Feed Settings – Facebook has many features on social networks and News Feed is one of those features. This News Feed on Facebook is the major system by which Facebook users are allowed to access the content that is posted on the Facebook network. This Facebook News Feed has well-detailed information that includes your profile changes, upcoming events, birthdays, memories, and many other information
Table of Contents
Facebook News Feed Settings
Facebook makes use of proprietary ways by choosing a bunch of updates to display to the users each time they pay a visit to their feed, it is estimated that an average number of 2,000 updates can be received by Facebook users. It also gives over 2 billion people access to the Facebook network every month, this has made Facebook News Feed the most viewed and most influential part of the news industry. I will be discussing about the Facebook news feed settings.
How to Change your Facebook News Feed
It is not difficult in changing your Facebook News Feed if you follow the steps that is needed successfully. In case you are a Facebook user and you want to make changes to your Facebook News Feed, what you have to do is to follow the processes below and you will be able to get it done so easily.
- The first step to take is to tap on the three dots (…) located right beside the News Feed setting and tap on Edit Preferences
- Next, Update the list of friends you see first and which friends to unfollow.
- After that, reconnect with Friends you have unfollowed and also the friends you have Snoozed.
There are several methods by which you can make changes to the preferences of your Facebook News Feed. The major way by which you can make those changes is through the Facebook Newsfeed itself, follow the steps below:
- On the left-hand side of your News Feed, tap on the three dots where it indicates News Feed.
- After that, tap on Edit Preferences and make the necessary changes you need to make.
How to Empty Your Facebook News Feed
There are different steps you can take in order to empty your Facebook feed, below are some of the things you can do on your account whenever you are interested in emptying your Facebook News Feed:
- The first method you can use is to tap the snooze button. You can do this when posts by your Friends on the same topic are getting too frequent. And you no longer have an interest in seeing them.
- Another step you can take is to hide the post. If you are still interested in a particular person’s posts and you want them to remain in your news feed but you don’t want to be seeing the posts too frequently. You can inform Facebook to display lesser posts by that person on your Newsfeed.
- You can Unfollow the friend(s)
- Also, you can block or unfriend people.
- Lastly, you can report a post.