Yahoo Account Key – Other than keeping and saving your passwords on every device you log in your Yahoo Account to; the Yahoo Account Key can let you access sign in to your account instead of using the password. This way, you don’t really need to save in your password on devices instead of just a tap on your mobile phone.
It is safe and secured, and easy to use. If you want to know more about this article, then you should consider reading more on this article to get the necessary information about the Yahoo Account Key.
Yahoo Account Key
Are you tired of trying to remember and manage multiple login passwords? Yahoo Account Key has provided a cure to that. You can use the Yahoo Account Key method to sign in your Yahoo Account on unauthorized devices. It is more secure and lets you use your mobile phone instead of a password to sign in to your account.
A notification whether to allow the unauthorized sign-in is sent to your mobile phone, from which you can either approve the sign in if it was from you or deny the sign in if you suspect it’s a hack from someone. You can approve this access with just a single tap on your phone, so no one else can get into your account without your access.
Yahoo Sign Up
If you haven’t gotten a Yahoo Account yet, then here are the steps through which you can sign up for a Yahoo Account. It can be used similarly to the Google account.
- Go to the URL https://www.yahoo.com/.
- Click on Sign In.
- Then from the suggested mails if provided click on create an account.
- Provide your First name, Last name, Email address, Password, Mobile phone number, Birthdate, and Gender.
- Click on Continue.
- Verify your account by providing the code sent to your mobile number.
After this your account will be verified and your Yahoo Account will be displayed on the platform.
How to Setup Account Key from a web browser
Setting up your Yahoo Account Key is easy to do. You must have at least a Yahoo app already installed on your mobile device and you are signed into the app. Follow the steps below to set up the account key:
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter the URL https://www.yahoo.com/.
- Sign in to your Yahoo account by providing your username and password.
- If you haven’t gotten a Yahoo Account Key before then a prompt will appear on the platform titles “Get Yahoo Account Key”.
- You will be notified whether or not you are currently signed in to a Yahoo mobile app with the signed-in account.
- Download any Yahoo mobile app on your mobile device. You can get any of the following; Yahoo Mail, Fantasy, Finance, Yahoo Newsroom, or others for your Android or iOS phone or tablet.
- Sign in your Yahoo account on any of the app downloaded on your mobile device.
- Ensure you are signed into the app as same as the Yahoo account signed on the web browser.
- Click on “Done Let’s try again” from the Get Yahoo Account Key prompt on your web browser.
- This will automatically sync to your signed-in account on any of the Yahoo apps on a device (you will see a message that says “Great! We see that you’re signed in as……. on a mobile phone”).
- Click on Send me a notification.
- The notification will be sent to your signed-in device.
- Tap on the mark sign to notify Yes to give access to unauthorized sign-in.
Then you are done setting up your Yahoo Account Key.
Sign in with Account Key
For the Account Key operation to work, here is the step to make use of it after setting it up:
- Go to the Yahoo sign-in page https://www.yahoo.com/signin/.
- Provide your Yahoo ID (username and password), then click on Next.
- A notification will be sent to your Account Key enabled device.
- Tap the notification or open the app and tap the Account Key icon on your device.
- Then tap on the Approve icon.
You might be required to enter or tap a verification code to confirm, and this will give an authorized sign in to the Yahoo sign-in page.
Disable Account Key
Here is how you can disable the Account Key setup:
- Go to the Yahoo Account URL https://www.yahoo.com/signin/.
- Provide your sign in details.
- Click on the Yahoo Account security page.
- Then click Manage by the Yahoo Account Key.
- Click Disable Account Key at the bottom of the platform.
This will switch your sign-in process bac to a password method of signing in. This procedure also can be used for the Yahoo mobile app procedure.