Selling in Facebook Marketplace – Facebook is a known social media platform to chat and socialize with friends and family, share photos and videos join interesting groups. But did you know that you can also sell things and build an e-commerce business on the Facebook social media platform?
In this guide, I will be able to discuss how you can sell on the Facebook marketplace.
What is Facebook Marketplace?
The Facebook marketplace was launched in 2016 and it has become a popular platform for people to sell and buy. Facebook Market place is safer and more user-friendly to sell your products or goods locally.
Facebook allows eligible sellers to offer nationwide shopping for products in certain categories offering them a larger customer base than local sellers.
- Facebook platform itself has over 2.8 billion active users on a monthly basis, with approximately 800 million marketplace users each month.
Who should sell on Facebook marketplace?
Selling in Facebook Marketplace is not limited to anyone; the Facebook marketplace is a clearinghouse for people who want to get rid of their unwanted household items. Facebook marketplace shipping capabilities mean it’s also great for retail arbitrage.
The practice of buying in-demand products from a retail store and reselling them online at a higher price.
How to sell on Facebook market place: A step by Step guide
Selling in Facebook Marketplace will help you create a public listing that is visible by anyone on the Facebook Marketplace, Newsfeed, search, and other places on Facebook.
To sell ln the Facebook market place follow the instructions below:
- Click on market place in the left side of the menu, from your news feed
- Tap on + to create new listing, then click item for sale.
- To upload photos of your products, click on add photos
- Provide the necessary information about your item. If the item you entered is free, enter 0 as the price
- Proceed to next page to publish your item on the Facebook market place.
What should you sell on Facebook market?
Selling in Facebook Marketplace has many different categories on the Facebook Marketplace, including musical instruments and pet supplies
Here is a category of things you can sell on Facebook Marketplace:
- Property rentals
- Free stuff
- Garden & outdoor
- Home goods
- Home improvement supplies
- Pet supplies
- Sporting goods
- Toys & games
If you’re a car dealer, a computer refurbisher, or even a realtor, there’s a category for you on Facebook.