PayPal forgot password will hinder you from accessing your PayPal Account. It is an important step you have to complete if you want to gain access to your PayPal be it for transferring funds or making a payment.
Your PayPal password that you use to log into your account is an important security measure to protect your account from unauthorized users who may want to gain access to your account.
Thus your password is something you should guard very well. This means you should enter a password you can easily remember and one that cannot be easily compromised by hackers.
PayPal Forgot Password
However if you have forgotten your PayPal password, relax!!!, you can still reset your password and get access your account. You may be wondering how? That is why I am writing this article to help you with a step-by-step guide that can help you complete your PayPal password reset.
PayPal Forgot Password Guide
You should consider the following when trying to create a password and when you are trying to log into your account:
- Your PayPal password should be 8-20 characters long and should include at least one number and one symbol.
- If you are calling to have your password reset, a link will be emailed to you by PayPal to help you reset your password. The link is only valid for 10 minutes and can only be tapped once.
- To clear your cache and cookies from your internet browser, visit your browser’s support page. Or do a web search with “How do I clear cache and cookies”?.
- If you have one or more Google email accounts registered to your PayPal account, you may be asked to go through an authorization challenge when logging into your PayPal account. If you are already logged into Google account before the challenge step up, simply click on the “Continue” option to complete the validation.
PayPal Forgot Password
When trying to reset your forgotten PayPal password, you have more than one option. You can either reset it through text, email, or phone.
If it happens that you have forgotten your PayPal password, but you can still remember the email address that you registered your PayPal account with, you can use the following steps to have your account recovered:
To Reset your Forgotten PayPal Password:
- Scroll to the PayPal login page
- Click on ‘Having trouble logging in’?
- Enter the email address, that you used for PayPal and click on the ‘Next’ option. (you will prompted by PayPal to confirm your identity by choosing a verification method).
- Select the method you want to recover your password with and tap on ‘Next’. (PayPal will bring up options like ‘Have us call you, ‘Receive a text’, ‘Receive an email’, ‘Answer your security questions, ‘Confirm through Facebook Messenger’ or ‘Confirm your identity using Google’).
Let me outline each of the steps so you can understand better:
Have US Call You
If you choose the ‘Have Us Call You’ option:
- A code will appear on the screen.
- Use the code when you get Paypal’s call.
- Create a new password and confirm same by entering it a second time.
Receive a Text
If you decide to ‘Receive a text’:
- Enter the 6-digit security code sent to your mobile device.
- Click on ‘Next’.
- You will be asked to create a new password and confirm same by entering it the second time.
Receive an Email
If you opt to ‘Receive a mail’:
- Fill in the 6-digit security code emailed to you.
- Click on Continue.
- You may be asked to confirm your card number.
- As you see the prompt, create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
If you selected email and you can’t find the email in your inbox, do this:
- Check your ‘Spam’ folder
- You can also have it resent by easily clicking on Resend.
Answer Security Questions
If ‘Answer security questions’ is what you prefer:
- Enter your answers and tap on Continue.
- If you are asked to confirm your card number, do so.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to create a new password and confirm same by entering it a second time.
Confirm Through Facebook Messenger
You can also ‘Confirm through Facebook Messenger’:
- Just click on ‘Send Code’
- Enter the 6-digit security code sent to your Messenger
- Click on ‘Confirm’.
- You will be prompted to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
Google Email Accounts
Where you have one or more Google email accounts registered to your PayPal account, you may have to go through an authorization challenge upon logging in to your PayPal account. In case you are already signed in to a Google account before the challenge step up, just click on ‘Continue’ to complete the validation.
Choosing any of these steps will help you reset your forgotten password in order to gain access to your account easily.