How to Enable the Disappearing Feature on WhatsApp – WhatsApp allows you to remove messages that you don’t want to stand the test of time. Here is how to enable this feature.
Not all messages on WhatsApp are important, so they shouldn’t stick around forever. WhatsApp allows you to delete messages that are not important or compromising messages so you can move on, just as you do in real life.
The features have different benefits, such as cutting your digital footprint, giving you a sense of privacy, and more.
How WhatsApp Disappearing Message Feature Works
The feature allows you to set an option for each individual chat, group chat, to delete messages automatically seven days after you have sent them.
To access this feature ensures that your WhatsApp is updated. To update your WhatsApp, follow the instruction below
- Access your google play or app store
- Go to your update app list
- Click the Update button to proceed
How to Enable Disappearing Messages Individual Chats?
Here is a step-by-step instruction for enabling the disappearing messages in your WhatsApp
- Open the contact you want to enable disappearing message for on your WhatsApp
- Tap on the contact’s name at the top
- Scroll down and select disappearing messages
- If you are doing this for the first time you will see a pop-up message that will explain how it works
- Click on continue, the current status will be set to off
- Tap on to enable the feature
How to Disable Disappearing Messages in Individual and Group Chats?
To disable the disappearing features within group chats, follow the steps below:
- Open the that of the contact you want to enable disappearing message fo
- Tap on the contact’s name at the top of the chat
- Scroll and select disappearing messages.
- The current status will be set to off
- Tap on to enable it
How to Disable the Disappearing Messages in Individual and Group Chats?
To disable the disappearing feature both in group and individual chats, reflect the same method, but instead of on tap on-off.