Facebook Avatar Not Working – Facebook has launched new personalized cartoon characters called Avatars – but not everyone is having an easy time making them.
This fun feature seems not to be working for everyone, with a handful complaining about social media that they can’t create a Facebook Avatar at all. to sign in to Facebook tap https://web.facebook.com/
Table of Contents
Why is Facebook Avatar Not Working?
In order to make use of Avatars, you need to tap the three horizontal lines in the top right of the Facebook app.
The option to create one appears under the see more section.
However, some users have reported on some social media platforms such as Reddit that Facebook Avatar Not Working.
One way to fix this is to make sure you have the latest version of the Facebook app installed on your phone.
On Android, head to the Google Play store and select menu. Tap on “my apps and games” and then scroll down to Facebook to update.
On an iPhone, you can head to App Store and go to your Apple account by hitting the icon in the top right. Scroll down to Facebook and tap update.
If that does not give you access to Avatars, some users have reported finding a workaround in Messenger.
Click on an icon that looks like an angry bird
- On Reddit, a user said: “Open your last message and click on the smiley face in the comment bar.
- Once “stickers,” is open, click on what looks like the Angry Bird on the bottom towards the left. It will open the Avatar creator.
- Clearly, you can also access Avatars by going to stickers and selecting the purple face, which should allow you to customize your character.
- You can also go to bookmarks and look for Avatars under see more.
In conclusion, it is very likely that Avatars simply haven’t been rolled out to your account yet, so sit tight and be patient for the update to arrive.
What are Facebook Avatar?
Avatars are Facebook’s answer to Bitmoji – a similar tool that was bought up by Snapchat a decade ago.You can design the cartoon-like characters to look however you want and share them in Facebook comments and on Messenger.
Once you have succeeded in creating an Avatar, you can now share them in different poses or scenes.It was designed to spice up Facebook a little bit, and most likely a bid to attract younger users back to the app.
The Avatars feature allows you customize your own personal avatar for use in stickers across comments and Messenger.It allows Facebook users create a new persona, allowing them to share across Facebook and Messenger in a more personal, light-hearted way.
Avatars have been out in the UK for several months but it was launched in the U.S recently.
Here is how to use Facebook Avatar – Create Facebook Avatar
When you are done creating an Avatar, you will now start seeing a new smiley-face button when you go to post a comment on the News Feed. visit https://web.facebook.com/
- It will also appear within the Messenger sticker selection tab.
- If you tap it, you’ll be able to create a Facebook Avatar that looks the way you like.
- It starts with a gender-neutral face, which can be customized 18 different traits.
- You can also edit hairstyle, body shape, outfit and more.
- Once you are done creating your own Avatar, you can share it across Facebook and Messenger.