Facebook Avatar App Update – Want to join the avatar train? It’s simple, just carry out a Facebook avatar app update.
Before you can access and setup the avatar feature on your device, you must first have a current version of the Facebook app downloaded on your device. If you do not have an updated version of the app, then you won’t be able to access avatar.
Is There a Facebook Avatar App?
This is the question that people who are interested in using the avatar app are asking, and at this point I would like to clarify this issue.
Currently, there is no separate Facebook avatar app. The avatar app in use, is the official Facebook app, yes, the same one you use in accessing your Facebook account. If in the near future, Facebook decides to launch a separate avatar app, we will still bring you updates about it. However, for now you have to make do with accessing the avatar feature from your Facebook app.
If you do not have a current Facebook app, I will be taking you through how you can have an updated version of the app from the Google play store or the App store, depending on your device preference.
Update Your Facebook App
- Open either the Google play store or App store, depending on your device.
- Press on the search bar, and search for ‘Facebook’
- On the search results, click on the Facebook official app and tap on the “Install” option or “Get” button.
- For iOS device, you might be asked to key in your Touch ID. Go through with the onscreen prompts, until the app starts downloading.
Now that the app has been successfully downloaded and installed, let’s start setting up your avatar.
Setting Up Facebook Avatar on iPhone or Android Phone
I will be taking you through steps of setting up your avatar both on Android devices and iPhone.
- Open the Facebook app on your device and click on the hamburger menu which is the three stacked lines. iPhone users, can access it at the lower right corner for iPhone and in the upper right corner for Android users.
- Scroll down, and click on ‘See More’
- Choose Avatars
- Next, click on Next and Get Started.
- Choose a skin tone you want (you have 27 options to choose from) then click on Next.
- Choose your preferred hairstyle for your avatar, you can choose a Short, Medium or Long for a variety of styles. Once a selection has been made, click on the Color icon.
- Scroll to your avatar’s Face icon, where you can select a face shape, complexion and face lines for your avatar.
- After customizing the face, click on the Eye icon. Choose an eye shape, color and lash length. Scroll to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. Add glasses if you wish.
- Customize the nose and mouth. Choose your nose shape and move on to your lips shape. Add a lip color and facial hair.
- Choose a body shape, and choose an outfit that you like best. You can also add a hat, scarf or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit if you want.
- When the avatar setup up is complete, click on the check mark icon in the upper right corner.
- Lastly, tap on Next and then Done.
After setting up your avatar, you can use it on Messenger, as well as share your creation with your friends and family. You can send avatar via Messenger in the form of personal stickers.
Let me show you how:
How to Use Facebook Avatar in Messenger
- Go to the avatars landing page, and click on the second of three buttons at the top right corner.
- You will be taken to the sticker menu where you have a total of 50 stickers featuring your avatar to choose from.
- Click on any sticker you want, and you will be asked to send it through Messenger.
- Choose a recipient you want to send the avatar to and it will be displayed in your conversation.
How to Share Your Avatar Directly to Your Feed or Set it as a Temporary Profile Picture
- Navigate back to the avatar section of the Facebook app from the menu.
- Click on See More and Avatars, and you will see your avatar there ready to be engaged.
- At the upper right corner, you will see three icons.
- Click on the arrow button and have a menu displayed.
- Select Set as Profile Picture from the menu.
- Next select a pose from the list and a background you would like for your profile photo.
- Then click on Next
- If you need your profile picture to be temporary, click on “7 Days”
- If you want it to be permanent, click on “Save option”.
On iOS, you can download your stickers as transparent PNG picture files, and have them shared on WhatsApp, have them assign to contacts or even have them emailed around.
How to Edit Facebook Avatar
If you want to edit your avatar:
- Tap on the Facebook app on your device
- Tap on the three horizontal lines at the top right side of the app home screen.
- Select See More from the drop down menu
- On the drop down menu, click on avatar and choose the pencil icon on the top right corner of your screen.
- Select the change you want added to your avatar
- Click on the checkmark at the top right corner of your screen after you are through with making the changes.