Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021 is a French Government Masters/PhD Degree scholarship program that comes up annually. It has a Deadline: 8 Jan 2021, a Study in France.
Course while it is slated for 2021-2022 academic year.
About Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021:
The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program is a French Government Masters/PhD Degree scholarship program established by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. This is to enable French higher education institutions to call upon merited foreign students to apply for their masters and PhD programs.
This creates opportunities to the intending foreign decision-makers of both the private and public sectors, in concerned areas of study, while encouraging applicants up to 25 years old from developing countries at master’s level, and applicants up to 30 years old from both developing and industrialized countries at the PhD level.
Where is the Host Institution(s)?
The French Universities and Academic Institutions
What Are The Level/Field(S) Of Study?
- Master’s degree programme
- Engineering programme, or
- PhD programme (in a cotutelle or joint doctoral thesis supervision, which is in partnership with a foreign higher education institution) in 4 fields majorly under listed below:
- Political sciences
- Economics and Management
- Engineering sciences at Masters’ level, a broad spectrum in sciences at the Doctorate/PhD level (engineering science; exact sciences: mathematics, chemistry, physics, and life sciences, biotechnologies and nano, space, Earth and environmental sciences, information sciences and technologies and communication);
Who Are the Qualified Candidates?
This are International students
What Are the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021 Scholarship Benefits and Duration?
- Master’s level studies degree:
The Eiffel scholarship makes available a monthly allowance of €1,181 (as a maintenance allowance of €1,031 likewise a monthly stipend of €150) which can however be awarded for a duration of 12-36 months.
- PhD level studies degree:
The Eiffel scholarship makes available a monthly allowance of €1,400 continuous till 31st of December 2020, then increased to €1,700 from 1st of January 2021 which can however be awarded for a duration of 12 months.
So also, the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021 meets other various expenses which includes:
- International return trip
- National and local transport
- Health insurance, and
- Cultural activities.
However, merited applicants of the award may likewise receive additional housing allowance, under certain circumstance.
It is very important to note that the Tuition fees for the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021 are not covered by the Scholarship Programme. The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs expects the supposed educational institutions, whose international influence is enhanced by this program, make all necessary preparations that its students receive adequate financial support. However, Students admitted to public educational institutions are, as French government scholarship holders, exempted from enrolment fees.
Who are Eligible for Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021?
- Nationality: The Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021 is reserved for candidates which are of non-French nationality. Likewise, applicants with two nationalities, of which French is one of it, are not eligible.
- Age: Candidates must be 25 years old or less at the time of the application 2020 campaign for Master’s level; i.e. born after March 1995. While candidates must be at most 30 years old during the 2020 application campaign at PhD level; i.e, born after March 1990.
- Origin of applications: Applications only submitted by French educational establishments are accepted. These afore mentioned establishments undertake to enroll scholarship holders on courses for which they have been merited. Submitting of application via any other means shall not be considered. So also, any applicant nominated by more than one establishment shall be disqualified.
- Courses of study: Scholarships are for students wishing to enroll on a master’s course, including at an engineering school, and for PhD students. The Eiffel Programme does not apply to French-run master’s courses abroad. It does not apply to training under an apprenticeship contract or a professional training contract either.
- Combination with other scholarships: Foreign students who, at the time of application, have already been awarded a French government scholarship under another programme are not eligible, even if the scholarship in question does not include social security cover.
- For Eiffel Master Scholarship: No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level are not eligible to re-apply at master’s level.
- For Eiffel PhD Scholarship: Establishments may nominate a candidate who was previously awarded an Eiffel scholarship at master’s level for a scholarship at PhD level. Candidates who have already been awarded an Eiffel scholarship once during their PhD cannot be awarded it for a second time. No application will be accepted for any student who applied previously but was rejected, even if the application is submitted by a different establishment or in another field of study.
- Language skills: When pre-selecting non-French-speaking candidates, establishments must make sure that their language skills meet the requirements of the relevant course of study.
Students undertaking a course of study abroad take priority over those already living in France.
It should be noted that applications are NOT directly accepted from applicants. Applications for Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program 2021 are submitted by French Higher Education Institutions. Students must apply and meet the said requirements of the French Higher Education Institution in order to be eligible for the scholarship.
The deadline for applications to Campus France is the 8th January 2021. While the application deadline to participating French Institutions comes earlier and comes around November-December 2020.
It is likewise important to go through the 2021 Eiffel Programme Guide thoroughly at https://www.campusfrance.org and likewise visit the official website (link provided below) to gain access to the online EIFFEL application form while also gaining detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
The Official Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program Website:
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.campusfrance.org/en/eiffel