eBay’s Homepage – eBay’s homepage was updated a few years back to improve the user’s accessibility. After the new personalized homepage was launched, eBay kept on enhancing it, making it easier for the users.
eBay has continued enhancing it to make sure it truly is specific to the person using it—not just the items alone, but also how these items are displayed and how users interact with the page. The latest updates to the homepage bring a sweep of accessibility improvements to the design, making the page easier to use for people with or without disabilities and creating more convenience for users overall.
Various upgrades done on the home page are:
The new homepage is keyboard accessible, so users can navigate without a mouse.
Page Structure and Navigation
Some updates to the structure of the homepage improve the browsing experience with a screen reader. This setup allows users with visual impairments who rely on screen readers to quickly bring up a list of headings and find a section of interest, just as sighted users can quickly scan through the content on a page to find what they are looking for.
eBay homepage displays lots of icons for easy navigation. Below are the icons displayed on eBay homepage:
1. Sign in or Register
This is for first-timers or people that already have an account with them. When you’re new to eBay and you want to buy or sell anything on the platform, you will have to register in other to have an account with them first before you can do your online business on the platform.
When you have an account with them already, all you have to do is to go to eBay website and sign in. Only your email or username and password will be requested of you when you want to sign in, it’s for security purpose to prevent a third party from using your account.
2. Daily Deals
This shows the things that are for sales on a particular day. It sets automatically to collect businesses that has been uploaded or displayed that day for sale. Most times, those daily deals are sold on discount.
This is for sellers; they list and display the items they have for sales there. The items listed there are always described and their prices will also be listed there.
4. Shop by Category
This is where all the items are categorized to make it easier to look for the items you want. There are various categories to shop on. There are:
• Electronics : When you click it, it shows various types of electronics from different companies that are up for sale. Electronics of different colors, sizes, brands and prices.
• Cell Phones and Accessories : It displays various types of phones from different companies and their prices.
• Fashion : It gives options for men’s, women’s and kid’s fashion wear. It shows everything that involves fashion, down to shoes.
• Health & Beauty: It’s about what enhances our beauty, like make up kits, Perfumes, Body Sprays, Body Oils, Creams etc.
• Motors: It shows the type of Vehicles or machines that are for sales.
• Collectibles : A collectible refers to an item that is worth far more than it was originally sold for because of its rarity and/or popularity. Common Collectibles are, antiques, toys, coins, comic books etc.
• Sports : It is for all types of sport equipment and kits.
• Home & Gardens : This is for Aesthetics for our homes and offices. You get all of those in this category.
• Deals : This shows things that are up for sale and might as well show the discount it’s to be sold for.