Download WhatsApp Inc – WhatsApp Inc. boasts of more than two billion users worldwide but if you don’t live in one of the countries where it’s popular, you may never use the app – it’s $16 billion purchase by Facebook in 2014 turned some heads, but it still offers a number of advantages than it’s competitors.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps around and whatever device you have, chances are you’ll be able to download the app. In fact, you may be able to download it to multiple devices. WhatsApp Inc uses your smartphone’s internet connection to let you message and call friends and family all over the world.
Benefits of the WhatsApp Inc app
- No fees.
- Send and receive photos, videos, documents, and voice records.
- Make free calls.
- Enjoy group chats with your contacts.
- Ability to use WhatsApp Inc on PC devices.
- No international fees.
- Share location, exchange contacts, broadcast messages to multiple contacts on WhatsApp.
Download WhatsApp Inc to your Android smartphone
- Open your Android Google play store.
- Tap the search bar.
- Type in WhatsApp.
- Click the install green button next to the app name.
- Tap accept.
- Wait for the app to finish downloading and installing to your phone.
The WhatsApp Inc app will take a few seconds to download, once it finishes downloading you are free to set up a WhatsApp profile.
Note; your Android device must have an operating system of 4.0.3 or higher to enable you download WhatsApp Inc.
Set up WhatsApp Inc profile
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone.
- Click settings. (Look at the top right of the screen and you would find 3 dots, click on it, and below the drop-down, you would find settings.)
- Click on the image box provided for you just by the side of your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap the camera icon.
- Select a photo.
- Tap the pencil icon to enter a username.
- Enter your phone number.
WhatsApp will send you a verification code via SMS and once confirmed all of your chats and contacts will be transferred to that number. Now that your WhatsApp profile is set, you can start a chat with a contact.
Alternatives to WhatsApp Inc.
- Telegram: another popular messenger app that has a mobile and desktop version. The app allows you to send messages, and call but no video call features yet.
- Skype: with a Skype app you can make video and voice call for free to other users all over the world.
- Viber: Viber has made some significant improvements to its desktop app – you can send secret, self-destruct messages, buy credits to call a non-Viber user.
There’s no standalone WhatsApp Inc app for desktop devices yet. It will only work if you already have the WhatsApp Inc mobile app installed.