How To Delete Facebook Group – This website teaches you how to delete a Facebook group that you created. In order to do this, you’ll first have to remove every member in the group individually, then remove yourself to completely delete the group.
Method One: Delete Facebook Group On Mobile
- Open Facebook. It’s a dark-blue app with a white “f” on it. This will open your Facebook News Feed if you’re already logged into Facebook on your phone or tablet.
- If you aren’t logged into Facebook, enter your email address (or phone number) and password to continue.
2. click: It’s in either the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or the top-right corner of the screen (Android).
3. click Groups. This option is near the middle of the pop-out menu
4. click your group’s name. You may have to scroll down to find it.
5. click Info. It’s in the upper-right side of the page options, just below your group’s cover photo.
6. click Members. This option is in the middle of the page.
7. Remove each group member. Make sure you don’t remove yourself during this process. To do so:
- Tap a member’s name.
- Tap Remove Member.
8. click your own name. Once you’ve removed everyone else from the group, you can leave the group to close it.
9. click Leave Group. It’s at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
10. click Leave Group when prompted. This will both remove you from the group and delete the group itself.
- It will take a few seconds for your name to disappear from the members list, and you may have to wait for a few minutes before the group disappears.
Method Two: Delete Facebook Group On Desktop
1.Go to Facebook’s website. Do so by entering https://www.facebook.com into your browser’s URL box. This will load your News Feed if you’re already logged into Facebook.
- If you aren’t already logged into Facebook, enter your email address (or phone number) and password before continuing.
2. Click your group’s name. You’ll usually find it near the top of the left-hand column of options in the News Feed.
- If you can’t find your group, click in the top-right corner, click New Groups, click the Groups tab in the top-left corner, and click your group’s name under the “Groups You Manage” heading.
3. Click Members. This tab is on the upper-left side of the page. Doing so will pull up a list of all people in the group.
4. Remove each group member from the group. Make sure you don’t remove yourself during this process. To do so:
- Click to the right of a member’s name.
- Click Remove from Group.
- Click Confirm when prompted.
5. Click next to your name. Once everyone except you is gone from the group, click this gear icon to prompt your own drop-down menu.
6. Click Leave Group. This will invoke a pop-up window.
7. Click Leave and Delete when prompted. It’s the blue button in the pop-up window. Doing so immediately removes you from the group and deletes the group itself.