If you want to know how the Azimo app works, look no further. In this article, we will take you by the hand and show you all that there is with the Azimo app.
How to sign up for an Azimo account
Signing up for an Azimo account is easy and fast. In fact, you can sign up with Azimo in just a few minutes.
- Open up your browser and go to azimo.com or download the Azimo app on Android or iOS to get started. All you will need are your full name as it appears on your Identity Card, email address, and a password of your choice.
- Once your details are verified, you will be sent a confirmatory email. After that, you will be set to send your first transfer. Note that, you’ll not be charged any fee for your first two transfers.
How to check exchange rates with Azimo
You can check Azimo’s exchange rates in just two ways.
First, go to Azimo.com and clicking on “Where are you sending money to?” to reveal the dropdown menu. Next, select your destination and we’ll take you to the relevant country page where you’ll see Azimo’s live exchange rate.
The other way of knowing Azimo’s exchange rates is by making use of the Azimo app.
How to add a recipient on the Azimo app
- Sign in to your Azimo account through the Azimo app
- Click on “New transfer”
- Next “Send to someone new”.
- Type in the amount of money you need to send.
- You will be shown the corresponding delivery methods available for that currency.
- Tap on “Another person” after you must have tapped on “Add a recipient”.
- Next, you’ll be prompted to enter some details. The details need will depend on your chosen delivery method and destination country, but for transfers to a bank account, you will need: recipient’s full name, email address, physical address and city, bank account number (and sometimes branch name/code), Account SWIFT-BIC (SWIFT transfer only), Payment reference (optional).
How to pay for your Azimo transfer
As you have created your recipient, all that remains is to pay for your transfer.
You can pay by credit/debit card or bank transfer. After you have paid for your transfer, your money will be converted into the receiving currency at Azimo’s market-leading exchange rates.
How does cash pick-up work with Azimo?
Cash pick-ups are just transfers, that your recipient can go pick up as physical cash from over 200,000 secure pick-up locations all over the world.
By choosing ‘Cash pick-up as the delivery method with choosing a pick-up provider. Your payment will be processed, then, you and your recipient will get an update with pick-up instructions.
Your recipient will be asked to show a valid ID document when collecting funds.
How to track your Azimo transfer
When you send money, you will be updated about your transfer every step of the way.
You can keep track of the status of your transfer by:
- Getting email updates.
- Having push notifications.
- Signing into the Azimo website or the Azimo app and checking your recent transfers.
How much does it cost to use Azimo app?
First and foremost, no fee for your first two transfers. After that, you’ll be charged just 1%starting at as low as £0.99p.