Facebook Messenger is an app that stands on itself, it allows you to chat and send messages to all your Facebook friends without having to go through the Facebook app. It has come to my notice that in some countries, you can create a Messenger account without having a Facebook account.
You can access this app on your iPhone, Android phones, and Windows phones. You can also access Messenger through the official Messenger website on your computer. Besides chatting with friends, messenger allows you to make free voice and video calls, send and receive money, and chat with chatbots.
How to Install Facebook Messenger for Android
- Open the Google Play Store. Fb Messenger is available for free from the Google Play Store.
- Search for “Messenger.” A list of results that match Messenger will be displayed.
- choose the “Messenger” from the results. Choose the Messenger app developed by “Facebook,” which should be towards the top of the list.
- Tap “Install’’. Review the required permissions and then tap “Accept” if you still want to install.
- Wait for the app to download. This may take a few minutes. Depending on your Play Store settings, you may need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order to download the app.
- Launch the Messenger app. You can find it on one of your Home screens or in your App Drawer. You can also tap the “Open” button on the Messenger store page
- Login with your Facebook account. If you have the Facebook app installed on your Android device already, you’ll be prompted to continue with the same account in Messenger.
- Login without a Facebook account (select regions only).
- Add your phone number (optional). You’ll be prompted to add your phone number so that friends can find you easier
- Decide if you want to upload your phone contacts (optional). Facebook Messenger will request access to your device’s contacts so that it can let you know if people you add are using Messenger.
- Start using Facebook Messenger. Once you are logged in, you will be shown all of your Facebook conversations.
Facebook Messenger is the official Facebook app. You can have text conversations with all of your friends using the popular social network. Send and receive text messages and establish conversations on your mobile device if you’re away from your computer.