Samsung Pay Online – Make a Payment with Samsung Pay – Set Up Samsung Pay – Download App
You now have a better way to pay with the Samsung Pay. This payment app is accepted at more places than any other mobile payment service out there in the market.
The Samsung Pay app enables you easily jump into the world of contactless payments. With just a simple tap on your phone (or watch) to pay, without handing over your physical credit or debit card.
This app works almost anywhere you pay for things, even at older terminals which have not been updated to work with Apple Pay or Google Pay.
How Does Samsung Pay Work?
For those who have been wondering how the Samsung Pay app works, here is a quick one. The Samsung Pay makes use of two technologies which allows it to work almost anywhere. The first is near-field communication (NFC) for tap-to-pay transactions at contactless terminals.
For the second, it is a magnetic secure transmission (MST) for older terminals where you would normally swipe a card. The phone emits a magnetic signal to simulate the magnetic strip that is on the back of a credit or debit card when you hold the phone against one of these readers.
The app has amazing benefits that users can tap from:
Samsung Pay Benefits
- This app is more than a wallet and allows you carry your favorite cards on your devices so you can pay in-person, in-app or online. Additionally you earn cash back and get extra rewards for the purchases you make every day.
- Keep all your favorite cards all in one place. The app allows you carry your credit, debit, gift and membership cards on your devices. All you need to do is take a photo of your card or a barcode, then click to check out.
- You can add your qualifying Visa, Mastercard or American Express cards issued by its partner banks. Currently Samsung Pay supports 1,000+ banks and credit unions, with more on the way.
- Accepted at millions of places, works in-store, in-app and online. Load your cards onto your devices and simply check out with a tap.
- You can do more with your money as Samsung Money by SoFi combines the convenience of a debit card, rewards of a credit card, and competitively high interest on your savings all with no account fees.
- Pay where you want with the latest Samsung devices that work at all your favorite places, making Samsung Pay the most accepted mobile payment.
- Check out fast in their apps. You don’t need to key in your credit card number for in-app or online purchases – simply choose Samsung Pay at checkout and authenticate the purchase with your fingerprint, PIN or iris scan.
- Tap. Pay. Go
- Earn with everyday shopping, by getting money back when you shop your favorite merchants with Cash Back Awards in Samsung Pay.
- Cash Back Awards, where you get money back when you shop your favorite merchants with Cash Back Awards in Samsung Pay.
- You can purchase, send and receive gift cards directly from the app or store your existing gift cards on Samsung Pay to ensure you always have them when you need them.
- Get even more rewards as Samsung Rewards allows you earn points by purchasing gift cards in-app and for every eligible Samsung Pay transaction. You can redeem your points towards Samsung products, Galaxy Store apps and themes, the chance to win prizes and lots more.
Where is Samsung Pay Available?
The app is currently available in 27 countries around the world for now. These countries are: the US, UK, Australia, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Italy, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, United Arab Emirates and in Vietnam.
What phone, bank, card and carrier do you need the Samsung Pay to work with?
The Samsung Pay app works with Galaxy phones, from the latest Galaxy $20 Ultra all the way back to the Galaxy Note 5 ($180 at Amazon) from 2015. The app is also available on some smart watches including the Galaxy Watch ($219 at Amazon), Galaxy Watch Active ($168 at Amazon) 2,Gear S2 ($220 at Amazon) (only for transactions on NFC terminals), Gear S3 and Gear Sport.
All the major carriers in the United States support Samsung Pay: AT&T, Cricket, MetroPCS, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon and US Cellular. You will also require a Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express card.
Samsung Pay users can also apply for a new debit card from summer 2020 and Samsung will offer the card in partnership with personal finance company SoFi.
How to Make a Payment with Samsung Pay
Here is how you can use the Samsung Pay to make payments:
- Swipe up from the small Samsung Pay bar from the lock screen.
- Choose the card you want to pay with.
- Have your finger placed on the fingerprint scanner to verify.
- Use the iris scan or key in your PIN.
- Click on the back of the phone against the payment terminal.
- In case you are using a debit card through Samsung Pay, you will be required to key in the card PIN on the terminal.
- After the payment has been made, you’ll receive a notification that confirms the merchant name and the amount.
If you are paying from a watch, press and hold the right button to launch Samsung Pay. Thereafter, click the watch against the terminal.
How to Set Up Samsung Pay
Samsung Pay is preloaded on available phones, but you can always reinstall it, if required.
After you have installed the app on your phone:
- Open Samsung Pay
- Click on the “Get Started” option
- Key in a new PIN for Samsung Pay
- Key it in again to confirm.
- If it’s your first time using Samsung Pay, you will be required to add payment cards.
- Add your cards or click Samsung Pay Home to skip this step for now.
If you are using Samsung Pay on your watch, you will need to have it set up separately.
You now have an app that works more than a wallet, enjoy your app.