Samsung Headphones – If you have one of Samsung’s Galaxy Note 20 or S20 smartphones (or the earlier Galaxy Note 10 series), you have no doubt noticed that the 3.5mm headphone jack is nowhere to be found.
There are two ways around this omission — pick up a USB-C-to-3.5mm headphone adapter or go wireless.
Popular Apple-centric models such as the Beats Powerbeats Pro and Apple AirPods work just fine with Galaxy phones, but since those options are well-known, we’re highlighting models that are more platform-agnostic or even have an Android tilt — making them perfect Bluetooth headphones for your Galaxy device.
Samsung Galaxy Buds Live
Features of Samsung Galaxy Buds Live
- Comes with an open design — you don’t jam an ear tip into your ear.
- Good sound delivery and work wells as a headset for making calls.
- Good noise reduction so your callers can hear you clearly.
- Mild active noise cancellation compared to the noise canceling in earbuds that have a noise-isolating design.
- It is water resistant (IPX2 rating — sweat-resistant and protects against light splashes)
Galaxy Buds Plus (Samsung Headphones)
Features of this Samsung headphone
- It looks essentially the same as the original Galaxy Buds.
- Has a battery life that is rated at 11 hours for music playback
- Dual drivers for better sound
- Comes with additional microphone in each bud to help with external noise reduction while making calls.
- The sound is detailed and smooth, with deep, well-defined bass.
- Uses Bluetooth 5.0 and support AAC (there’s now an app for iOS users) and Samsung’s scalable codec.
- Noise-isolating design
- It is water-resistant with IPX4 rating — splash-proof)
Best budget true wireless (Mpow X3)
Features of Mpow X3
- Good sound clarity and powerful bass, with active noise cancellation.
- Added supersoft ear caps, which makes it comfortable to wear for a long time.
- Fully waterproof (IPX7)
- Up to 7 hours of battery life at moderate volume levels with USB-C charging.
- Good call quality with a sidetone feature that lets you hear your voice in the earbuds
- The touch controls take some getting used to.
- Aside from a few minor downsides, Mpow’s X3 earbuds are a great value.
Google Pixel Buds 2
- Features hands-free Google Assistant (for Android)
- Good for making calls and their touch controls work quite well.
- At five hours, battery life isn’t as good as some new models that are hitting the market, but it’s on par with the AirPods Pro’s battery life and its well-designed wireless charging case gives you additional 19 hours
- Comes with a quick-charge feature.
- Available in four colors — white, black, mint and orange.
- Comes with Bluetooth 5.0 with support for the AAC codec but not aptX.
- Water-resistant (IPX4 rating — splashproof).
Features of Sony WH-1000XM4
- Comes with multipoint Bluetooth pairing so you can connect to two devices — such as your phone and PC — at the same time. Which means that if a call comes in while you’re using the headphones with your personal computer, the audio will switch to your phone when you answer the call.
- Comes with noise cancellation and sound that make this model a great all-around choice.
- Water-resistant: No(lacks IPX certification)