How To Delete eBay Account – Deleting an eBay account can only be done from the eBay website on a computer in other to close your account, your account balance must be zero with no pending transactions.
Choosing to close an eBay account means you will no longer be able to sell on the site or access my eBay. You will also lose your feedback as well as your sales and purchase history.
Situations, where you want to close your account because you have decided to stop selling you, can do that and still leave your account active simply remove your automatic payment method and cancel your selling tool subscriptions
But if you want to close or delete your account ensures that you do the following
- All your fees are paid and your account balance is zero
- Ensure that you have resolved any suspensions and restrictions
- You do not have open bids on items
- You do not have any outstanding pay-outs to feedback processed to your bank
Facts To Note About Deleting Your Account
The moment you submit a request for your account to be closed an email will be sent to your registered email address and to your eBay messages.
Within 24 hours letting you know that it has been received. Generally, it takes 30 days to close an account from the date the request was received.
However, if you have sold or bought items in the 30 days prior to submitting your request your account will be kept open for the next 60 days from receiving your request.
So any outstanding purchase or sales can be completed so that the commitments to all buyers and sellers under the eBay money-back guarantee can be completed.
Exceptions On Closing Accounts And Personal Data Deletion
An account cannot be closed or delete associated data if
- Your account has an outstanding balance
- You have pending transactions
- There is a public health issue
- A legal letter compelling eBay to retain certain data in place
- Data associated to an account needs to be retained to detect and mitigate fraudulent illegal activities
Steps To Delete An eBay Account
- Visit or go to https:/www.ebay.com in your preferred web browser
- Click your name
- Click the account tab
- Click close my account tab
- Click close my account
- Click close account (if you were redirected to help page)
- Click request to close your account (if you are still on your account page)
- Select a reason for choosing to close your account
- Click on continue
- Confirm that you want to close your account
- Click continue
- Check the “ I read and understand the above box”
- Click continue
Note that once you have submitted an account closure request, you will not be able to access or go through your account and you won’t be able to buy or sell on eBay.