How to change google assistant voice and language on iOS and Android – Google has added various accents, including British and Australian. The exceptional part of that is that all accents are configurable, you switch to the default voice from the google app settings on your mobile, the google assistant started with just one female voice and just English language with the American accents, but its quite obvious that it has extended to provides several accents.
Change voice and language of Google assistant
The method of changing voice and language preference for the google assistant should be indistinguishable irrespective of the region of Google map is configured for and language. Any changes made will influence the voice setting applied to all of your google assistants’ devices using the same google account.
How to change google assistant voice on Android Devices
You can achieve this by using either the Google app or a voice command.
To change voice
- Access the google app on your Android device
- Tap on more at the bottom right corner
- Select settings
You can also access assistant settings directly using voice command on your device just say “hey google, open assistant settings”
- Select google assistant front the setting page, scroll down to select Assistant voice option
- You can change the voice settings of google assistant. Google uses color instead of names to indicate assistant voice, Res of the default settings for English, other colors are also available for other languages
- Navigate to Google assistant setting pages
- More>settings>google assistant
- Then scroll down and select languages
- Tap on the first option to select a primary language
- Second option to add a second language
- Tap on add a language to take your pick
How to change the language on iPhone and iPad
The method of changing google assistant voice on Apple device is just as simple doing it on Android.
- Open the Google assistant app on your iPhone and iPad, at the upper right corner of your homepage.
- Tap on your profile image
- Select the assistant voice option
- Just like on the android, select your favorite voice on the next page
To change language
- Tap on your profile icon to access the language option under settings.
- Choose a language on the next page
- You can choose two languages, just like on an android phone, you can also talk to google assistant in either languages but you can’t mix both
Since its first launch in 2016 the, google assistant has enlarge all corners of the world and is currently available in more than 90 countries and supports over 30 languages.