Here is the latest information about how to apply for federal inland revenue recruitment. We will be updating you on the company’s recruitment requirements for application, company description, application skills, and qualifications and much more.
Table of Contents
About Federal Inland Revenue Recruitment
Federal Inland Revenue (FIRS Tax) is a mandatory tax levy imposed on the income of individuals, corporate bodies as well as government agencies for the financing of government expenditures.
Federal Inland Revenue Job Description
FIRS wishes to engage the services of early starters to function in the following categories;
- Those to conduct inquiries into the affairs of small companies
- To ensure uniform application of Tax laws, tax regulations, and information circulars.
- The supervision of a number of officers saddled with the responsibility of assessing small companies
- For the raising of additional assessment while examining tax returns.
- To follow up such cases as are in dispute via the appeal procedures.
- For individual business concerns, partnerships, estates and trust.
FIRS Recruitment Requirements
The FIRS seeks candidates who are;
- Highly organized, numerate and one who possesses strong interpersonal skills to support and represent the team where necessary, externally and internally.
- Candidate should ideally have commercial-business knowledge with the ability to interpret business numbers and strategies of profit derivation in tax accounting.
- It also requires someone who is a self-starter and requires little supervision or motivation to meet challenging targets and deadlines. Note also that current membership of a relevant professional institution is necessary.
How To Apply for Federal Inland Revenue Recruitment (Qualifications/Skills Base)
If you intend to apply for federal inland revenue, you will need the following;
- Bachelor of Master’s Degree in Accounting, Law, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field.
- Higher National Diploma in Accounting, Economics, Banking & Finance, Engineering, Geology, Statistics, Computer Science or other relevant disciplines in the quantitative field.
- Proficiency in Computer literacy and conversancy with Microsoft Office, Web Applications as well as the use of relevant applications for efficient delivery of service.
- Candidate should possess strong leadership and management skills
- Candidates should also possess strong team spirit as well as the ability to effectively delegate.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are necessary
- Strong analytical skills would also be an advantage.
- Should be knowledgeable of the Nigerian Tax Laws and appreciation of their application and understanding of the regulatory framework within which the FIRS operates.
- Should have knowledge of business/industry environment within which taxpayers operate as well as the
- Ability to work as a regulator with the courage to ensure full compliance with laws.
FIRS Additional Minimum Qualification & Experience
- A minimum of B.Sc. / HND or degree equivalent in Taxation, Accounting or other related fields of study.
- Post qualification cognate will stand as an added advantage.
A successful track record of consistent personal achievement and a desire to team/improve with knowledge is very essential.
Demonstrated experience via the following;
- Conversancy with Nigerian Tax principles, laws and applications is very important.
- Prioritization of tasks and identification of required resources to conceptualize ideas into actionable steps is a necessity.
- Professional skill/courage in enforcing tax laws application.
- To analyze large/medium/micro and small scale business accounts.
- Virtualize possible gaps in business transactions.
- Interpretation of business accounts.
- Good knowledge of taxation principles and laws is required
- Experience in applications of tax laws and enforcement of tax laws.
- A proven track record of delivering set targets
- Management of people and development.
Minimum Character Attribute:
- Candidate should be of good character and must not have been found guilty of any criminal offense or should not have been indicated at or dismissed from their places of work or other environments.
- Should possess the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Minimum Past Performance level:
- There should be demonstrated ability to determine conformity and non-conformity to set standards in processes and procedures as well as demonstrated courage and ability to eliminate, rectify or close determined non-conformity to standard character attributes.
- Also, demonstrated courage in ensuring change within the organization he or she has worked through the effective discharge of his or her responsibility in spite of resistance to change efforts.
- Candidate should demonstrate an impactful presence in the workplace as a direct result of the individual’s ability to effect positive and sustainable change in his/her environment.
Added Advantage of FIRS Recruitment Application Requirements
The following will be an added advantage for those who apply;
- Master’s degree in a related discipline.
- Relevant and acknowledged professional certification and qualification.
Other General Requirement(s)
All applicants must have these in addition;
- NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate.
- Should be certified as mentally fit for appointment into the service by a recognized Medical Doctor in any of these following class of hospitals;
Government Teaching Hospitals
Federal Medical Centers.
- Provide contact details for three references from either of these categories (last employer, close family relation and tertiary institution) from whom confidential reports on character and demonstrated abilities can be obtained.
- Should present a certificate of State of Origin as well as Local Government duly signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Government. Note, that certificates endorsed by Liaison officers will not be acknowledged.
Proficiency in Computer is considered by FIRS as a key requirement for anyone who aspires for a job in the service.
How To Apply for Federal Inland Revenue Recruitment
- Proceed to the FIRS recruitment portal www.firs.gov.ng/careers to know if the recruitment for 2020 has begun.
- All candidates should follow the instructions outlined in the portal to fill out your application.
- Note that only applications in respect of the position would be considered.
- All candidates are expected to apply to only ONE position.
- Multiple applications by one candidate for more than one job position will not be acknowledged.
- After submission, applicants will get an acknowledgment containing a reference number which must be quoted in all future correspondences.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited and interviewed.
Note that currently, FIRS recruitment form 2020 is not out yet online. Thus disregard any form of advert that tells you otherwise. We will keep you posted once the form is out online.