How To Activate Facebook Dating – Facebook dating is just another feature that Facebook has developed to help you make romantic connections through the global social network. Facebook dating is just another medium to help you find the right partner.
You do not have to create a separate dating profile as Facebook uses the information on your current profile to recommend potential matches based on shared interests and likes. Also, your profile will be recommended to others who have Facebook dating activated.
Table of Contents
How To Activate Facebook Dating
Just like bumble and tinder Facebook dating feature is very similar to them. In that, you cannot send messages to other users until you both express interest in each other. Facebook dating will not at any point suggest any of your Facebook friends. (How To Activate Facebook Dating)
Your profile will not be visible to your friends who use the feature. But friends can add each other to their secret crush list so that you can match with a friend they have a crush on you.
A Facebook user must be up to 18 years or older to access the Facebook dating feature
Facebook Dating How Does It Work?
- Before you can enable Facebook dating, you must set up a Facebook account using https://web.facebook.com
- Since the dating feature draws information from your regular profile you should fill it out as much as possible.
- There is no separate Facebook dating app or Facebook dating site. It is integrated into the Facebook mobile app. (it is inside the Facebook app)
- Pictures and other content you share via Facebook dating does not appear on your regular Facebook profile.
- Conversations on Facebook dating are also kept separate from your Facebook messenger conversation. If you become Facebook friends with Someone after matching with them on Facebook, you can still see their dating profile.
Steps To Activate Facebook Dating
In other to use the Facebook dating feature or get started using Facebook dating here is what you should do:
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger menu in the top right of your feed.
- Click on dating.
- Follow the prompt to set up your dating profile. After you share your location and choose a photo, your dating profile will be generated using the information from your Facebook account. You can customize your Facebook dating profile by adding more information photos, photos, and even posts from Instagram.
- Tap done when you are satisfied.
How To Use Facebook Dating
Using the Facebook dating feature is really not a big deal and it is very simple. But a few tips will be given to you below:
- Tap the heart on the user’s profile to let them know you like them, or tap the x to pass. If they like you back, you can start a conversation.
- If someone likes your profile, you will receive a notification. Click on the heart on their profile to like them back so that you can send them a direct message.
- You can view your matches and conversations by clicking on matches at the top of the app.
- You can scroll down the button of your profile and tap answer a question to answer random questions that will help Facebook improve your match suggestions.
- You can also add photos and share Instagram posts at the bottom of your profile page.