All You Need to Know About The New Google Meet – Google meet app is a technology that helps us stay connect even when we are apart or when it is very difficult to meet in person, and on top of that, it ensures safety during this pandemic – Corona virus. Over the past few months, we have all seen the power of video meetings bring a lot people together— starting with teachers and students, teammates, employers and employees, etc.
Meet the Google Meet App
The Google Meet app is an enterprise-grade video conferencing made available to everyone. So therefore, anyone with a Google Account can create a meeting online, this eliminates the need to sign up, you just need to have a Google account, if you don’t have one yet, you can create a Google account.
Businesses, schools, government institutions and other organizations can take advantage of premium features in Google meet app, such as setting up meetings with up to 250 internal or external participants and do a live stream to up to 100,000 viewers within a domain.
How to Use Google Meet App – Join Google Meet
There are three basic ways you can start using the google meet app:
To use the Google Meet app for Personal use
- If you already have an existing Google account, open up google meet on your browser and just sign in.
- If you don’t have a Google Account? Just Sign up for free.
To use the Google Meet App For business use
Just sign in to your existing account, that is if you’re already a G Suite user,
You can create a G Suite account by contacting Google sales, that is If you don’t have a G Suite account.
To use the Google Meet App as a G-Suite Admin
Already, the Google Meet app is included in G Suite and also G Suite for Education.
You can start using it by turning on video calling for your organization on G Suite.
Some Cool features in the Google Meet App
Here some of the cool feature you get to enjoy when using the Google Meet App.
- You have an unlimited number of meetings
- Live captioning during meetings
- Compatible across devices
- Video and audio preview screen
- Adjustable layouts and screen settings
- Controls for meeting hosts
- Screen sharing with participants
- Messaging with participants
- Integration with Google and Microsoft Office apps
What About my Privacy and Security On Google Meet App?
You may ask these questions, and these are valid concerns, and here are the things that Google has put in to address those concerns, these are:
- Encryption of video meetings while they are going on
- No user attention-tracking features or software.
- No use customer data for advertising.
- No selling of customer data to third parties.
- You can enroll your account in Google’s Advanced Protection Program—their strongest protection against phishing and account hijacking.
- You do not need plugins to use the Google Meet app on the web. It entirely works in Google Chrome and other modern browsers, so it is less susceptible to security threats.
- Google Meet app codes are very complex and therefore resilient to brute-force “guessing” attacks by hackers
- Provision of a strong set of host controls such as the ability to admit or deny entry to a meeting, and mute or remove participants, if needed.