Global Korea Scholarship 2021 Deadline: Varies as the September – October 2020 Applications are open for Undergraduate Degrees in the 2021 Global Korea Scholarship. The Global Korea Scholarship is designed to provide international candidates with opportunities to study at institutions of higher education in Korea for merited academic degrees. This will enhance international education exchange and enhance mutual friendship between the Korea government as well as participating countries.
The Korean Government Global Korea Scholarship 2021, therefore, invites applicants which are students from international countries who wish to pursue a bachelor’s and associate degrees in Korea. To be merited as a GKS Global Korea Scholarship grantee, applicants are enjoined to successfully pass through the first selection process set by the Korean Embassy of his or her country of origin or the designated University.
What are Global Korea Scholarship 2021 Programs?
- Bachelor’s Degree: stipulated for a duration of 5 years (A year of Korean language program and 4 years of Undergraduate degree studies)
- Associate degree: stipulated for a duration of 3 or 4 years (A year of Korean language program and 2 – 3 years of Associate degree studies)
What are Global Korea Scholarship 2021 Benefits?
The GKS scholarship includes the following under listed benefits
- Airfare Settlement Allowance: 200,000 KRW (paid once after entry to Korea)
- Monthly Allowance of 900,000 KRW per month for 1 Year duration
- Korean Language programme Training Fee which is a Fully covered Degree
- The GKS Program Tuition which is likewise Fully covered
- Students Medical Insurance of 60,000 KRW per month
- The Korean Proficiency Grants of 100,000 KRW per month
- The GKS Degree Completion Grants of 100,000 KRW which is likewise paid once
Who Are Eligible for The Global Korea Scholarship 2021?
- Applicants must be under the ages of 25 years as of 1st of March, 2021 (born after March 1, 1996)
- All applicants or intending candidates and their parents or guardian must be citizens of Global Korea Scholarship 2021 program’s partner countries which are invited to take part in the program which means they must not be Korean citizens.
- Dual citizenship holders and Korean citizens are NOT eligible to apply.
- Likewise, Applicants and their guardian or parents who had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document that proves their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Exception or exemption for overseas Korean candidates who are holding Japanese citizenship, if their parents hold “Permanent Residency Permit‟ within Japan while holding Korean citizenship, are eligible to apply
- Applicants must be holding high school diploma as of 1st of March, 2021 or must have been expected to graduate high school by March 1st, 2021.
- All intending applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally, before applying for study in Korea for the full duration of degree or research programs.
- All applicants must attain the overall cumulative grade point average (CGPA) equivalent to or higher than any one of the following from their respective universities:
- Bachelor’s Degree Applicant must have a 80% or above on a 100 point scale to be ranked within the top 20% within one’s class
- Associate Degree Applicant must have a 75% or above on a 100-point scale or be ranked within the top 25% within one’s class
How to Apply for The Global Korea Scholarship 2021?
- Embassy track applicants must apply to a Korean Embassy where they hold citizenship and University track applicants must directly apply to one of Korean universities that are participating in this program.
- 67 Embassies of the Republic of Korea Institutions accepting applications: This is for countries where Korean Education Centers or Korean Cultural Centers are located, these institutions may accept and review GKS applications in lieu of Korean embassies. They highly recommend applicants to contact Korean embassy in their countries to check which section is accepting the application.
- 30 Korean Universities designated by NIIED Universities for Natural Science & Engineering Majors: 24 Universities for Associate Degrees and 6 Universities
When Is Global Korea Scholarship 2021 Submission Period?
September – October 2020
- The Deadline is Decided by each Korean embassy and university in question
- Candidates or applicants must check the institutions deadline where they intend to submit applications in advance.
You can simply apply for the scholarship application by clicking https://www.studyinkorea.go.kr
For more information, visit the Global Korea Scholarship.