Facebook Shop– Facebook is a platform where you can sell and buy products, Facebook shop is a mobile-first shopping experience released by Facebook on 19th May 2020, allowing businesses of all sizes to create a storefront and sell across Facebook surfaces, that is Facebook Marketplace and Instagram shopping for free. Besides, in Facebook shops, you will be able to connect with customers through WhatsApp, Messenger, or Instagram direct to answer questions, offer support, and more.
Facebook Shopping is a generic term that is used by shoppers while shopping on Facebook. It is an online trend where Facebook has transformed itself into a virtual mall by the launch of Facebook Marketplace, Facebook shops, Facebook page shops for sellers to reach out to global customers.
Why Facebook Is A Perfect Platform to Sell
The reasons why Facebook is the best online platform to sell are:
- Facebook has more than 80 million small & medium – sized business pages
- An average user daily spends more than 2 hours 24 minutes on Facebook
- 7 out of 10 American consumers have discovered retail products to buy on facebook
- Daily active users on Facebook are 1.73 billion.
- Facebook is the leading social platform, reaching 60.6 percent of internet users
- 98 percent of active Facebook users accessed the social media platform via mobile devices.
Is Facebook Shops, Facebook Marketplace, And Facebook Page Shop the Same
Facebook Shops are the online storefront that shoppers to seamlessly discover brands and products, making a purchase right after the moment of discovery through their website or with checkout without having to leave the app. It makes it easy for businesses to set up online stores for customers to access on both Facebook and Instagram.
Facebook marketplace is a convenient destination for people to discover, buy, and sell items. People can find what they are looking for by filtering their results by location, category, and price. The marketplace has made it easy for you to reach your buyers where they are already shopping.
What Is Special About Selling on The Facebook Shop
Special features of Facebook shop include:
- Seamless connection across Facebook commerce Surface: Facebook shops offer you an opportunity to surface your products across Facebook networks, i.e.. Facebook Marketplace, Instagram shopping offering checkout services to the customers.
- Provide native mobile experience: Facebook shops provide a full-screen immersive experience and showcase your collections as personalized products to customers. Thus, providing an effortless shopping experience to your customers and let them purchase through mobile phones offering checkout seamless checkout experience: your customers can connect to the product of their choice by tracking the user’s activity. Thus, providing a personalized shopping experience to the customers by showcasing the relevant content based on their searches, clicks, etc.
- Drive sales through conversions: Facebook shops let customers quickly get in touch with you through Messenger, Instagram Direct and would be soon allowing you to surface your business on WhatsApp where you can ask questions, get support, track deliveries, etc.
- Additional features: Drive more product discovery by promoting your products on live features, through Instagram stories, posts, etc. businesses will be able to tag products from their shops or catalog before going live and help people make a purchase more seamlessly.
The requirements for Selling Products on The Facebook Shop
To start selling on Facebook shop, you will need-
- Create a Facebook account.
- Business page on Facebook is associated with your account
- Have a Minimum of 2000 likes on your Facebook page
- Your products need to be physical
- Comply with Facebook shop merchant Terms
- Get your business registered in the country you are selling
- Get a valid bank account linked to your name and country where your business is based
- Get a Tax Identification Number
What Are The Charges Of Selling On Facebook Shop
If you want to sell products on Facebook shop, sellers are liable to pay a certain amount:
- Transaction Fee of 5% per transaction
- Selling Fee of USD 0.40 (including sales price + delivery fee + taxes)
- Chargeback Fee of USD 20 per chargeback.
How to Sell on Facebook Shop
You can sell on Facebook shop in any of this process.
1. Create your Facebook shop through commerce Manager
2. Make your Facebook shop through an eCommerce platform and link it to your Facebook Shop