Facebook Marketplace Categories 2021 – One of the main features Facebook used to step up its game and pose serious competition to big online marketing platform eBay is the introduction of its buy, sell, and trade platform, Facebook Marketplace.
Before the marketplace came in as a feature of Facebook, there was already buying and selling in group chats. But with the aid of the Facebook Marketplace, selling of items is now made more efficient as your items get to be seen by users that are close to or within your location while buying of items is easily done because the interface has been made easy to use.
Facebook buy and sell groups and Facebook Marketplace are all popular places on Facebook that business takes place. Old and new items can be bought and sold on the Facebook Marketplace when you access the Facebook marketplace. However, before you can access the Facebook marketplace you must have an account on Facebook.
Rules And Categories on Facebook Marketplace
Obviously, in a group where you buy and sell items, there have to be a guide and rules to help regulate how things work on the Marketplace. Furthermore, categorizing these items would make it a lot easier for potential buyers to find. Here are some rules of the Facebook Marketplace;
- Products and services such as alcohol, hard drugs, etc are not to be put on sale
- Only physical products or items must be sold on the Facebook Marketplace
- Transformation photos are highly prohibited, photos taken should be the current status of the item up for sale
- The images of the items or product must match the description written on it and filed under the appropriate category.
These above-mentioned rules are important and should be followed in order to have successful sale credibility on the Facebook Marketplace. It should be noted that people and brands may list items in the following categories:
- Clothing & Accessories
Buyers and shoppers can view certain categories, view all categories, or search for a particular product on Facebook Marketplace.
How to Access Facebook Marketplace Categories
Below are some steps that should be followed in order to access the buy sell trade on Facebook Marketplace;
- Login to your Facebook account at facebook.com
- Click on the Marketplace icon located on the left-hand side of your newsfeed
- Then proceed to click on “Sell Something”
- List the item you want to put for sale, file the item under the appropriate category with detailed descriptions and photos of the item for sale.
Therefore, to buy an item on Facebook Marketplace, click the shop button or search the category of the item at the top of the page. Facebook Marketplace is an amazing way to make extra cash at your convenience just with the use of your mobile phones or personal computer. The good part of it is that literally, anything sells.