Facebook Launches Avatars – Right now the internet is buzzing with the new that Facebook launches avatars, and Facebook users are frantically eager to know more about it. Here let me oblige you. Last week, Facebook launched its avatar feature, to better engage it’s users as they engage on the Facebook page.
The development might probably be some measures to curb the boredom associated with the lockdown, we are not so certain. But for whatever reason Facebook might have of releasing the avatars, we appreciate the gesture and we are sure taking full advantage of it.
Table of Contents
What is the Facebook Avatar?
The avatar feature launched by Facebook, are cartoon characters that Facebook users can customize in their own way to help them better express themselves as they communicate with their friends and family. The avatars, once created can be used on Messenger, used in comments and even set as a permanent or temporary profile picture.
The avatars features are set, such that users can create it to match their facial appearance. Creating an avatar is simple, and since i know that it is a new feature that has just been rolled out, I will be taking you through all the steps you need to follow to create one. But hey don’t be scared, it’s quite easy.
Finding the Avatar Feature on Facebook
There is no different avatar app, but rather the avatar app is one and the same with the official Facebook app. To access or find the avatar feature on Facebook, you must have a current version of the official Facebook app. In case yours is outdated, here let’s show you how to download one.
- Put on your device and open either the Google play store or App store, depending on your device requirement.
- Hit on the search bar, and search for ‘Facebook’
- As the search results pop up, click on the Facebook official app and tap on the “Install” option or “Get” button.
- If you are using an iOS device, you might be asked to key in your Touch ID. If this happens, go through with the onscreen prompts, until the app starts downloading.
After the app has been successfully downloaded and installed on your device, you can access the avatar feature on the app and set it up.
How to Setup Facebook Avatar on iPhone or Android Phone
- Open the Facebook app on your device and click on the hamburger menu which is the three stacked lines. This could be in the lower right corner for iPhone and in the upper right corner for Android users.
- Move down, and click on ‘See More’
- Choose Avatars
- Next, click on Next and then Get Started.
- Decide on skin tone you want (you have 27 options to choose from) then click on Next.
- Instructions will be given to you, to choose a hairstyle for your avatar. You can choose a Short, Medium or Long for a variety of styles. Once a selection has been made, click on the Color icon.
- Then move to your avatar’s Face icon, where you can select the face shape, complexion and face lines for your avatar.
- After customizing that face, click on the Eye icon. Follow it up by choosing an eye shape, color and lash length. Thereafter, move on to the Eyebrows icon and select the brow shape and color. You also have the option of adding glasses if you wish.
- Next, customize the nose and mouth. Choose your nose shape and move on to your lips shape. You can also add a lip color and facial hair.
- Select a body shape, and choose an outfit that you like best. You can also add a hat, scarf or cat ears to your avatar’s outfit.
- When the avatar setup up is complete, click on the check mark icon in the upper right corner.
- Lastly, tap on Next and then Done.
We can’t thank Facebook enough for this new exciting feature, we are definitely making good use of it.