How to clear your Facebook search history – Facebook search history may include the profiles and/or names of the people that you may have searched and/or visited, Facebook fan pages, posts, etc.
Since Facebook search history is separate from the search history that browsers store, it cannot be cleared just by deleting the cookies from your mobile phone. Instead, Facebook has a special and dedicated button to clear the search history that the website stores.
You can use your Android phone to erase Facebook search history if it has the Facebook app installed in it. Most Android smartphones that are available these days already have it built-in. If your mobile phone does not have the app, you can download it for free from the Google Play Store
How to Clear Your Facebook Search History
If you tend to visit Facebook in a browser, you can wipe your search history by doing the following:
- On your profile page, click the View your activity log button. In a browser, the button is on the right-hand side.
- In the menu on the left, under Photos and Videos, Likes and Reactions, Comments, click More.
- When the menu expands to show all filters, click Search history
- You’ll see a full chronological list of everything you’ve searched for on Facebook. You can delete individual searches by clicking the Edit button next to the entry and clicking Delete.
- You can also wipe your entire search history in one go by clicking the Clear Searches button.
How to Clear Your Facebook Search History (Mobile)
if you tend to access Facebook more on your phone, you can access this setting in the social network’s mobile apps.
- Go to your profile page and tap the Activity Log button underneath your profile photo. (On iOS, the button is third from the left, while on Android it’s on the far left.)
- Tap Filter at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to find and tap Search history.
- You can clear your entire search history by tapping Clear searches and tap Confirm.
- To delete individual entries, tap the icon next to the entry in question and tap Delete. (On iOS the icon is an arrow, while on Android phones it’s an X.)