Accredited Online Colleges and Universities – The flexible nature of online bachelor’s degrees affords learners the privilege to prioritize their work and family lives while they study online. As such, these programs will continue to grow in popularity.
Online programs feature different delivery methods. Asynchronous courses do not include set class times, while synchronous courses require that distance learners attend live online lectures at specific times.
Accredited Online Colleges and Universities
Some programs offer accelerated or self-paced courses that help working professionals graduate sooner.
A growing number of colleges or schools focus on online programs. This guide ranks the best online bachelor’s degrees in the nation.
It also covers the benefits and costs of these degrees, what to expect from these programs, and how to find scholarships and grants to pay for tuition.
School Purdue University
Location: West Lafayette
School University of Virginia
Location: Charlottesville, VA
School: University at Florida
Location: Gainesville, FL
School: North Carolina State University
Location: Raleigh, NC
School: University at Buffalo
Location: Buffalo, NY
School: Rutgers University
Location: New Brunswick
School: Stony Brook University
Location: Stony Brook
School: Thomas Jefferson University
School: University of Georgia
Location: Athens, GA
School: University of Delaware
Location: Newark, DE
Others are Accredited Online Colleges and Universities
- University Minnesota – Twin Cities
- University of Arizona
- University of Missouri
- Arizona State University – ASU Online
- University of Massachusetts – Amherst
- Indiana University – Bloomington
- The University of Alabama
- University of New Mexico
- Oregon State University
- Ohio University
- Washington State University
- Drexel University
- Colorado State University-Fort Collins
- DePaul University
- Texas Tech University
- University of North Dakota
- Florida International University
- East Carolina University
- Portland State University
- The University of Alabama at Birmingham – UAB Online
- University of Memphis – UofM Online
- Oklahoma State University
- University of Central Florida
- Maryville University of Saint Louis
- Old Dominion University
An Overview of Online Colleges and Universities
Earning a bachelor’s degree online requires independent study that can challenge some learners. However, for many students, the pros of online learning outweigh the cons.
Online learners benefit from a flexible schedule that affords them to attend class from anywhere. Students no longer need to visit the campus to earn many online degrees. Nevertheless, distance learners can still access online digital library collections, virtual tutoring services, and counseling appointments.
Asynchronous coursework provides additional flexibility for working professionals, who can complete assignments around their schedules.
In addition to the greater flexibility, online bachelor’s degrees offer monetary incentives. Out-of-state online students often can receive in-state tuition when they enroll completely online.
Why Choose a Degree in an Accredited Online College and University?
Getting a bachelor’s degree online provides remote learners with professional and personal advantages, including the following:
- Online learning allows students from around the world to learn in the same classroom. Online programs often come with more diverse perspectives than on-campus programs.
- The flexible nature of an online bachelor’s degree enables students to decide when they study and go to school. Online learning also teaches students better organizational and time management skills.
- Online students can gain knowledge of remote technology and online learning platforms that can help them in their professional lives, as many companies use video conferencing software and live chats to hold meetings.
- You have a globally diverse classroom that provides students with opportunities to network, collaborate, and access career opportunities across borders.
- You can earn an online bachelor’s degree often gives students access to specialized online courses or certifications