Delete Facebook Account – All of us have been there at one time or the other in our lives when we ask ourselves what we are actually doing on Facebook. If like me you have wondered at any point why you are still on the Facebook platform and what you are actually gaining from the platform and want to opt out, let me make your exit easy by showing you the simple basic steps you need to sign out.
Delete Facebook Account
I want to bring you a step-by-step guide on how to delete your Facebook account, because even though it may sound easy, it’s not really that simple. So here we go.
Now there are two ways of getting rid of your Facebook account. The first option is by deactivating your account, which you can reactivate at any time. When this happens, it means people can’t view your Facebook timeline, or even search for you. Note also that information you sent, may stay visible, such as the direct messages you have previously sent.
On the other hand, the second option is that of permanently deleting your account. If you tow this line which is a more permanent step, Facebook will delay the deletion for a few days after the request is made. If you happen to log in during this period, the deletion will be cancelled, and your account restored.
Deactivate Your Facebook Account – Temporarily Delete Facebook Account
If you want to take the non permanent route, which is deactivating your account these are the steps you have to follow:
- Click open the Facebook app, and log into your account.
- Tap on the account menu down arrow at top right of the Facebook page in your web browser.
- Choose ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘General’ in the left column
- Tap on ‘Manage your account’.
- Then tap on the ‘Deactivate your account’, and thereafter confirm your decision.
If you later decide you still want to be on the Facebook platform, then you can reactivate your account by logging into Facebook and all your profile will be reinstated.
Delete Facebook Account Permanently
Now deleting your Facebook account, is a very serious step to take, which really impact your social life, so we advise you think it through before you go ahead with it.
- Go to your Settings page, or click on the arrow icon at the top right corner to get to your settings from there.
- On the left, you will see a list of Settings. Tap on Your Facebook Information >Delete Your Account and Information.
- On the page that is displayed, you will be given suggestions for deactivating your account or downloading your information. Since you are not interested in any of these options, tap on Delete Account.
- You will be quizzed by Facebook for your password. Enter your password and click on Continue.
Save Your Data From Facebook
It might be important for you to download your data you saved on Facebook by downloading them, before you finally delete your account. To save your data:
- Log into your account (Facebook’s help page on how to delete your account).
- Tap on the account menu downward arrow at the top right of any Facebook page in your web browser.
- Thereafter, tap on the “Download a copy of your Facebook data” at the rear of your General Account Settings.
- Select “Start my Archive”.
Being on Facebook is not a must, thus you don’t have be on it if you don’t feel like. Since you now know how to get yourself out of it, that should make it easier for you to leave the platform, and focus on more important things that requires your time and energy.