With dating app Facebook, you can now go from being lonely to being loved. Wondering where you can find the app? The dating app, is not a separate app, but rather it is built into the Facebook site.
If you have a Facebook account, then you are already one step ahead, because you can access the app via your account. Note however that your dating profile is entirely different from that of your Facebook account, the dating section only takes some of your information from your other profile.
Currently, the dating app Facebook is available in the U S., Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, Uruguay and Vietnam. So, if you can’t find Facebook Dating, you may not have it yet. According to Facebook, there are plans for Dating to be rolled out in Europe by early 2020.
Let’s assume you already have a Facebook account. Here is how to access dating:
How to Access Dating App Facebook – Facebook Dating App
To access the dating app Facebook, follow through with these steps:
- Go to the Facebook app
- Click on the menu icon at the upper right side of the screen and click on Dating. (In case you do not see the Dating option, you may need to click the See More option)
- You will be directed to the dating section of Facebook. Tap on Get Started, and go through with the on-screen prompts to set up a profile.
- You will have to specify the gender you are looking for, location, and choose a nice photo of yourself.
- From there, Facebook will automatically generate a dating profile for you, by searching through your non-dating profile.
- Then, you can adjust the profile to exactly how you want it by removing things, adding photos and adding posts from your Instagram by clicking on Preview Profile option.
- Once you are OK, tap on the Done option.
After Creating a Profile on Dating App Facebook, What Next?
Once your profile has been successfully created, Facebook will start sending you matches. Now this process may take several days, so you have to patient. Now, note that Facebook will not suggest your current Facebook friends and no one will have access to your dating stuff outside of the Dating section of Facebook. Once you get a match, Facebook will send you a notification. If you like the person you are being matched with, you are to click on the heart icon on their Dating feed.
You can now start up a conversation:
Starting up a Facebook Dating Conversation
To start up a conversation with your match,
- Click on their profile photo and the option to type a message will pop up.
- Once you are done typing a witty introduction,
- Click on the arrow icon in order to send the message.
- Messages can be accessed by clicking the Conversations tab at the top of the feed screen.
If you want to match up with people that have the same interests as you:
- Head over to the menu
- Click on Suggestions From Your Events or Suggestions From Your Groups.
- Then click on an Event or Group
- Slide the button close to it and click on the See Suggested Matches.
Creating Secret Crushes
If you have a crush on someone and want to use Facebook to help you meet up, then the Secret Crush feature will enable you add up to nine of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers. They will be notified, that someone has a crush on them via Facebook Dating.
If they happen to have a dating profile and both of you happen to add each other as secret crushes, Dating will notify both of you that you have a crush on each other. If on the other hand, there is no match, you don’t have to worry because no one will ever know about your crush.
Let me show you how to add that person you have been crushing on as a secret crush:
To add a Secret Crush on Facebook Dating App:
- Go to the menu option
- Click on Go to Secret Crush
- Click on Got It
- Then click on + icon
- Then search for your crush’s name and add them by clicking the + icon close to their name.
How to Delete Your Facebook Dating Profile
If you are tired of the Facebook dating platform, or the platform has served it’s purpose of you finding your one true love, then you can easily delete your profile. Now this won’t affect your other profile in any way. Here is what you should do:
- Scroll to Dating in the Facebook menu options
- Click on the icon at the top right side of the screen
- Click on Delete Profile beneath the General section
- Click on Delete.
There, you can now use the dating app Facebook to find that special one for free.